X

Fumoto Oil Valve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Absolutnati View Post
    Well, went to do an oil change and install the valve. I saw that you have to grind a piece of metal off in order to get it to screw in??!!! In other words,

"F*$K the Fumoto valve".

I wasn't trying to get into anything like THAT.
    Who wants to buy a brand new Filtermag & Fumoto Valve???
    Originally posted by JHILDE View Post
    How much shipped to 75428?
    Originally posted by Absolutnati View Post
    Valve $20 shipped.

settle down arse. I know what he meant.
    So it was $20 right after I asked you how much when you asked who wanted to buy a Filtermag & Fumoto Valve... Now that I corrected myself and asked how much for the just the valve it is still $20... WTF?

Hilde
    Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

So did I THINK I knew what you meant or DID I? I did.

Valve $20 shipped

Comment

is it still for sale
        05 Kat 600
        Yoshi RS3
        Bar Risers
        Road Attacks
        Fumoto Valve
        Corbin Seat w / backrest
        Sportech black chrome windscreen
        Custom garage door opener

Comment

Yep, PM me if interested

Comment

I'm looking to buy the Fumoto valve, safety clip, and SmCo magnet (for use on the oil filter). Does someone sell all three of these items together?

Comment

Originally posted by psyber7 View Post
              I'm looking to buy the Fumoto valve, safety clip, and SmCo magnet (for use on the oil filter). Does someone sell all three of these items together?
              No.
              I sell the SmCo magnets.
              http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/ sells the drain valves.
              Not sure who was selling the safety clips (in 60k miles & 4 kats, I've never used one).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

while riding yesterday .. i lost my oil drain plug.

So now i think im going to get one of these Fumoto Valve things. I even found a dealer close to me in Atlanta.
                Quick question though: How much of the valve will i have to cut off to get a good fit on my Kat?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by oldgangalee View Post
                  while riding yesterday .. i lost my oil drain plug.

So now i think im going to get one of these Fumoto Valve things. I even found a dealer close to me in Atlanta.
                  Quick question though: How much of the valve will i have to cut off to get a good fit on my Kat?

Thanks,
                  You don't to cut anything off the valve itself. It screws in where the oil pan drain bolt goes.

You have to grind down (dremel) a ridge on the bottom outside of the oil pan so you can screw the Fumoto Valve in. Takes 10 minutes tops.

Comment

None of the valve, just a little trimming on the oil pan. Look at the ridge on the bottom of the oil pan around the drain plug, you will have to trim part of that.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

thanks guys .. now one more question .. i thought that the oil pan bolt was 20mm ... but the fumoto valve (f111) is only 14mm. Am i missing something here?

i mean 21mm.
                      Last edited by oldgangalee; 10-20-2008, 11:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The head of the bolt is 21mm. The diameter of the actual bolt is 14mm.
                        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                        -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                          The head of the bolt is 21mm. The diameter of the actual bolt is 14mm.
                          +1

Hole is 14mm ID.
                          Bolt head on the drain bolt is 21mm.
                          F111 is right.
                          And, no, you do not want F111-N.

98+ you will have to dremel away part of the ridge; pre-98's don't have the ridge. Here's what it looks like once you dremel it away...

OF SPECIAL NOTE: There is more than one reason your oil pan bolt may have come out. The primary one is under-torqued when installed (not installed to spec). But if you over-torqued it and stripped out the threads (and that consequently lead to the bolt coming out), you may need to repair/replace the oil pan to get the fumoto valve to bite correctly. While the fumoto's threads are little longer than stock (bite a bit better on the basis they are an one-time install), if you stripped the threads too badly, it may have similar issues. You'll know when you install it -- it won't snug down the way you're expecting.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 10-20-2008, 02:31 PM.
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What type of torque wrench woudl one get? I do not have any of these tools but am looking to do more with my bike.

At $50-70+ for an oil change around me it is beneficial to buy the tools and do it myself. Plus I would be willing to do it more ofton if it was a 10 minute job in the driveway...
                            I am a Penn State fanatic.
                            Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

thanks guys!

Comment

IMHO: skip the torque wrench for oil changes and install the Fumoto. Seriously.

As for a torque wrench for the Kat in general (remembering that most of the torque values on the Kat are very low and that clicker-style & roller-style torque wrenches are not accurate in the bottom 20% of their range):

Cheap - Sears beam-style torque wrench - $25. Sears item #00944690000. Because it doesn't use a click or roller-ramp, it is accurate at all values if used correctly. 0-75 ft-lbs.

Really Nice - S&K Micro-torque wrench SKT74026, 25-250 inch-lbs (not ft-lbs) - $93 delivered is the best price I've found via Superior Panel Technology. That converts to a valid/safe accuracy range of 3.75 - 20.8 ft-lbs. Not good for the axle nuts, but good for pretty much everything you'll run into normally otherwise (spark plugs, oil pan bolts, oil drain bolt, valve cover oil union bolts, oil line banjo bolts, etc.).

Other Tips:
                                If you are going to use the oil drain bolt, use replaceable 14mm ID crush washers on the drain bolt. I do carry them, or you should be able to score them readily at any Honda automotive dealership (most Honda cars from '90 through 2006 used 14mm ID crush washers on their oil drain bolt).

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X