X

AIR FILTERS 1990 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIR FILTERS 1990 750

I have a K&N single element filter that performs good on the bike but it still is running like it needs more air @WOT(It runs best with velocity ring out and still runs rich at the pipe. My question is what is the pros and cons of a clamp on style dual pod K&N with out the factory box? I also have had a jet kit 126 main and a vance & hines supersport 4into1 and new plugs. It runs and idles great just High RPM hesitation.

Thanks for your help!

Scotty

The reviews I've seen on the K&N on katana's aren't good... I've read alot of threads about people having trouble and switching back to the stock airbox. If you do a search you should find a bunch of threads on that topic

Comment

Originally posted by kev994
      The reviews I've seen on the K&N on katana's aren't good...
      That's MAINLY with the 98+ . Some pre98 guys have gotten theirs to run ok . I switched back to the airbox personally , and it helped , but I still have OTHER problems anyway .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

+1 on stock airbox with stock filter. Cleared up most of my "dead spot" issues. From what I have heard, the HP gains you get are pretty minimal compared to how much tweeking you have to do to get it to run right.
        "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

I have the pods on my 93 750 and it runs good. I had to get a dyno jet stage 3 jet kit. I have a V&H exhaust and with the pods I had to run the largest mains that cam in the kit. With the pipe, pods, & jet kit it pulls very from 7,000 until redline. I think as long as youre on a pre 98 your fine.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmatthew46
            I have the pods on my 93 750 and it runs good. I had to get a dyno jet stage 3 jet kit. I have a V&H exhaust and with the pods I had to run the largest mains that cam in the kit. With the pipe, pods, & jet kit it pulls very from 7,000 until redline. I think as long as youre on a pre 98 your fine.
            But how does it run from 1500 to 3500 RPM?

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Mine didn't like to idle , but it ran ok most of the time when a plug wasn't fouled . If I went WOT at most rpm's , even lower ones , it'd just GO . It just didn't like to idle .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i have the k&n filter pods 126 jets v&h 4 into 1 my bike idles fine and pulls great thru the whole rpm range no problems here

Comment

Working...
                X