Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

California Emissions....affect horse power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Emissions....affect horse power?

Anyone know if I gain anything besides a headache removing california emission?
    I would hate to have anything on my bike raping horsepower!

I'm not sure, but I think the mapping is different for the CDI box on CA models. If you removed the emissions crap and when with a non CA CDI box, I think you would notice something.

Comment

can you put 94 kat1100 cdi box on 93 kat 750

Comment

There is no noticable performance change if you remove the California pollution control systems correctly (i..e - using the correct block-off plates for the lines that exit under the headers and replumbing the vacuum to the 49-state standard). The only noticable difference may be how long it takes to start the bike (an extra half-second or so), because it won't be sucking additional fuel vapors back out of the charcoal cannister. You do not have to change the CDI in any sense.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanks cp!
          I appreciate the professional advice...

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
            I'm not sure, but I think the mapping is different for the CDI box on CA models. If you removed the emissions crap and when with a non CA CDI box, I think you would notice something.
            I put a Ca engine in MY bike , sans emissions BS . Only difference is it takes a little more to get it started . Seems like it takes an extra couple or few cranks before it catches .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Then there's that extra restriction in the muffler

My CA 04 Kat 750 apparently uses a small converter in the muffler. The muffler is heavier and larger and has more restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                correctly (i..e - using the correct block-off plates for the lines that exit under the headers and replumbing the vacuum to the 49-state standard).
                Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Is there a set of diagrams for doing this? I have a CA Kat but I dont have the canister so all the lines are just hanging out.

Comment

Diagram for the plates ? All I did was take one of the tubes to trace out a template on some copper sheet , cut with Dremel , bolt the plates to the tube so I could shape with grinding stone , then repeat 3 more times . And that'd be the hardest part to de-calinizing your bike .

Comment

sorry I meant is there a diagram for the non-CA vac hose layout.

Comment

2 lines between #1/2 and #3/4 run over the airbox . They are "breathers" and open to atmosphere . One line at #4 is the vacummer line . 2 lines under the brethaers are the fuel intakes . Under the tank in the middle is an overflow/breather that just runs under the bike , another hose ( SHOULD be) coming from the fuel sender for possible leaks . Fat hose from airbox with cap on it underneath . That do it ?

Comment

Pulse air

Technically speaking the PAIR, pulse air injection, system should not be a HP drain. It works off the natural suction of the exhaust pulses. The systems drawbacks are added weight (a couple pounds) component failure (vacuum controlled valve fails and gets burned up by exhaust gases) added complexity and blocked air flow (the valve and hoses and pipes can get in the way)

Comment

Working...
                        X