No announcement yet.
X

K&N woes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My K&N works fine in my bike. You shouldn't need the jet kit with the small donut in there. You probably over oiled it. It only takes a small amout of oil to work properly. The biggest advantage with the K&N is you don't have to replace it every 4,000 miles.

Comment

can we get this stickied? seems like the k&n thing comes up a lot...

STEVES!!!
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
        My K&N works fine in my bike. You shouldn't need the jet kit with the small donut in there. You probably over oiled it. It only takes a small amout of oil to work properly. The biggest advantage with the K&N is you don't have to replace it every 4,000 miles.
        (A) You have an '88, not 98+ -- your experiences will be different.
        (B) The Suzuki air filter change interval is 11k miles, and most OEM air filters are fine for at least twice that with minimal cleaning... Meaning you'd have to own the K&N (& the bike) for something like 40k+ miles to break-even anyway

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by elkat View Post
          wow, you just got owned

Comment

lol chris

Comment

Working...
            X