X

Oil questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil questions

I know I have read on here about oils. Synthetic or semi synthetic. I have a 91 GSX600F with about 10,000 miles. I have just gotten it running(resurrected the dead). I would like to know of some opinions regarding whicj=h oil some of you use and if it is synthetic,semi-synthetic or dino. I just wnat to know what others use and whicj brands are being used. I am ready to change oils but I will await patiently for some replies. I appreciate all the replies I hope to get.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Shell Rotella T 15-40 is relatively cheap and does a great job.
      '97 YZF1000R, '98 & '02 Bandit 1200's, '72 XS-2, '97 CBR900RR Project, '85 700 Interceptor, '75 RD350

Comment

My preference is Mobil 1 Racing 4T (full synthetic). It's HT/HS (high-temperature/high-stress) characteristics are superior to some other synthetics I've seen.

Plan on spending about $7-9/quart, so it's not the cheapest solution. I feel it is one of the better oils if you plan on keeping the bike for a few years.

Comment

I use regular Valvoline and sometimes Penzoil motorcycle oil. (typo edit)
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

I use Motul
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
            X