X

Right angle valve stems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right angle valve stems

I've heard that the right angle valve stems sold by The CyberPoet need to be swept back on a Pre98 kat to clear the bleeder screws. Has any one installed these on a Pre yet? Got a pic for me so I can tell the shop how to do it?
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

That's new's to me??? I got it on the rear tire ( haven't had a chance to change the front yet). I have the rear valve stem facing the sprocket. But If you need I can snap a picture for you.

Comment

I think that he said it would hit if you had on the tireflies. I kooked at the front and it looks close.

Comment

I'm worried about the bleeders on the front wheel....
        -Steve

sigpic

Comment

I went and checked my other front rim. Yes it looks close. They could turn the valve stem inward. Make sure that they leave enough space to allow for an air chuck.

Comment

They don't necessarily need to be swept back; they can be swept forward just as easily. One person said the tire valve hit his bleeder screw (about 1mm overlap) on his pre-98, but in the pic he shot over to me, it seemed the bleeder screw looked longer than the stock one...
            Either way, rotating it five to ten degrees in either direction at time of mounting should make it moot point.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              They don't necessarily need to be swept back; they can be swept forward just as easily. One person said the tire valve hit his bleeder screw (about 1mm overlap) on his pre-98, but in the pic he shot over to me, it seemed the bleeder screw looked longer than the stock one...
              Either way, rotating it five to ten degrees in either direction at time of mounting should make it moot point.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              that was me.

i don't know if the bleeder on my bike is stock or not. it would not hit enough to make the wheel stop, but just enough to make the valve stem hit the rubber cover. i can send pics, but not till after i get back to school monday evening. try it, yours might not hit.

steve-maybe mount it 90% from the center ridge of the rim and then take a good pic for cyber and see if it hits as well.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I had the shop mount them swept back... it will probably be a few weeks before I get the wheels and brakes back on, but I will snap pics when I do.
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

i am sort of curious now if my bike has some freakish bleeder valves.....wouldn't surprise me when i bought the bike with a 180 rear. The valves are a very great upgrade.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

It was hard to tell with the valves off the bike. Better safe than sorry I guess.

I told them just to sweep the valves back far enough that they could still get the air chuck on it.
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X