Chain and Sproket...again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain and Sproket...again

Hi everybody,
    I'll have to change my chain ans my sprokets this spring. I know Cyber wrote an excellent explanation about that.

But I'd like to know YOUR opinion. What combo should I use???

I'm riding mainly on small roads at about 110 km/h. That's about about 65 m/h for you Americans! And by the way, I'm often riding with my GF on the back.

thank!

Epsilon

+3 rear
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yeah what md86 said.

Comment

man i was looking a few months ago and i couldnt find a +3 rear for and 04 kat 600 to save my life. are we talking pre 98 here or 98+?
        Fo Sho.

Comment

You can order any tooth count from Vortex directly from them here:
          Vortex Racing offers a huge selection of high-quality motorcycle parts and accessories. Take your motorcycle racing to the next level!

CycleGear and virtually every dealer on the planet can order them for you, or you can find them mail-order on the web.

Unless you are actually racing, I recommend sticking with steel sprockets all around (far longer life from both the chain and sprockets as a result).

Sidewinder Sprockets offers the best sprocket, if money isn't a consideration -- an aluminum carrier hub mated with a titanium sprocket-tooth ring. http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/toc.htm

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i just ordered my 520 conversion kit for my 06 kat 600 right off ebay. going +4 in the rear. front, rear and a good chain all for 159 shipped.

Comment

I tested a few different ways. I first did the 15 front with 48 rear,not much noticeable difference. next was the 13 tooth front 48 rear, nice bottom and mid but 1st revs out to fast. then I found a 14 front and 48 rear is nice but I am still looking for more grunt. so, I will be going with the +3 on the rear this season.

I will keep all sprocket sizes for different types of fun.

If I want to commute I will go with a 15/47 (stock)
              maybe even a 46 on the rear for more topend at lower rpm.

If I want to squidout the 13/50 is a good choice but hard on the chain.

mainly, I will go with the 14/50, the right power to weight I am looking for on the road.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
              X