X

won't run still

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't run still

i got the 96 kat 600, i got carbs for the 600 this time and they r clean, i got k&n pod filters on it, new spark plugs. everything seems to be fine but it still won't start. there r 4 wires that go to the ignition coils i started switching them around and when i did that i noticed it started backfiring a little through the carbs before it was nothing. my firing order is 1 and 4 for the first ignition pack and 2 and 3 for the second. i don't know what else to try, it is getting spark and gas.
    ?????????????

Try putting an airbox and stock filter back on it.

The pod filters don't restrict the air flow nearly as heavily as the OEM filter + airbox, which in turn means lower vacuum levels at the carb's jetting passages. Lower vacuum levels = less fuel being drawn up per given volume of air, and you have to compensate heavily (traditionally by using a stage 3 jetkit, and a matched aftermarket exhaust) when using pods.

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

As well as CP suggestion, I would also make sure you are using the choke. (on a Kat it is an enricher not a true choke) This may help increase the fuel needed.
      If you got somewhere adjusting the wires, I suggest you do a search for the correct wiring. It could be you knocked off some oxidation that improved things but if you have the wires mismatched you are not getting all you can. The kat coils are duel ended not duel lead.
      I think that the right wiring is key to the best coil performance. Also make sure that your plugs are not soaked now after so many start attempts.

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

So... what ended up happening?
          Did you get it fixed?
          1996 SUZUKI
          KATANA 600F

Comment

+1 on the air box. As you know, I am a true believer in the stock airbox juju!
            "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Working...
            X