X

Installed jet kit idle problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed jet kit idle problems

I installed my jet kit today i have full system exhaust and filter pods bike runs fine but my i cant get my idle to go below 2500 rpms i have it adjusted all the way down i cant think of anything else please help?
    FASTER FASTER until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

there is an idle screw on the left side of the bike by the peck cock.

Comment

i know thats adjusted all the way down and still its idleing at 2500

Comment

96 Katana,
        I too am jetting a 96 Katana. Lacking your mechanical abiliites, I took mine to a custom builder. If you'd like, I can ask him what he thinks later this week when I pick mine up. I notice that my Katana's idle changes often, increasing with engine temperature, and my bike without jet kit often climbs to 2k+. It will however, come down when the screw is truned. Good luck.
        What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Check your throttle cable and choke cable routing.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Re: Installed jet kit idle problems

Originally posted by 96katana
            I installed my jet kit today i have full system exhaust and filter pods bike runs fine but my i cant get my idle to go below 2500 rpms i have it adjusted all the way down i cant think of anything else please help?
            What stage jetkit, what settings did you use, and are you sure there are no vacuum leaks? Did you put a breather filter on the crankcase vent on the top of the valve covers?

The simplest solution is to find a dyno with an EGA (exhaust gas analyzer) and have them run the bike over it & tune it on the spot (an experienced dyno operator will know what needs to change based on the read-outs from the EGA).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

got it fixed linkage on the carbs was hanging up

Comment

Working...
              X