Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whoever has done a jet kit on a 750 ..............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand made by Dale Walker
    "Our full stepped header system is also available for the late model Katana 600 and 750. This will really make it run on top end and remove a considerable amount of unwanted weight."

1.350" OD at the head pipe to the weld
    1.500" OD after the weld of the top pipes down to the collector

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
    What brand of header is it, Spedee?
    And more over, do you know what the ID is in millimeters (or inches)?

Like I said, I took my 600 down to one of the local dyno places after slapping on the Ivan's, and advancer & a full 750 header+ can set-up, and got them to do the readings -- which were spot on.

Malloc hasn't run his over a dyno+sniffer yet (and he's using a Yoshi can, stock headers), but he has put about 20k more miles on the bike since I installed the kit. Aside from tweaking the pilot screw settings back & forth (depending on whether he's being frugal or performance-oriented), he hasn't had any issues with it. Even in "frugal" mode, it made a bit more power than stock and had a much snappier throttle. Actually, I've gotten into the frugal thing myself now -- got one of the 90 degree motion pro carb screwdrivers and if I'm going to be running over 500 miles in a day, I twist the pilot screws back to 3 turns, and once I arrive (like at the rally), I twist 'em back up to 4.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Bike is sold

Comment

I phoned Ivan this morning. After talking with him I ordered one 750 jet kit. To be able to drop it in and be all done is really cool. So now I had to remove the K&N ai filter for the stock as per his advice. This should complete my 750 project.
      Bike is sold

Comment

I was on the phone with Dale yesterday (finding out if he still had ignition advancers in stock), and I wish I had known about this, in order to ask him.

If I guestimate (SWAG) that it's approximately 3/32nds wall size for the tubes to get the ID from the OD, then that would put you into 29.5mm for the upper segment and 33.3mm lower tubes, which is about a 2.5mm ID gain (over dremmeled out stock) on the upper and a 5mm gain on the lower -- a lot of difference. It's enough of a change that I would run it over a sniffer after installing the jetkit to make sure you're getting what you're aiming for.

Looking at it, I wonder if Dale used the stock pipes at the top can cut/welded larger/thinner pipe from the cut to the collector...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

Originally posted by Spedee
        Hand made by Dale Walker
        "Our full stepped header system is also available for the late model Katana 600 and 750. This will really make it run on top end and remove a considerable amount of unwanted weight."

1.350" OD at the head pipe to the weld
        1.500" OD after the weld of the top pipes down to the collector

Your opinion would be greatly appreciated
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X