X

97 Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Katana

I was wondering why there aren't any manuals for 97 Katanas but there are plenty for 88-96 and 98+. What is so damn special about the 97 year.

Also will 98 Gixxer 36mm carbs fit on a 97 Kat.

Thanks in advance...

I doubt there were any change, except to the color schemes... you'd be fine with a 88-96 manual. Maybe get a factory 88-97 manual? Seems like the more experienced DIY'ers here prefer the factory one...

A bit curious to why you are considering gixxer carbs. I seriously doubt it's a straight bolt-on as the 93+ gixxers are water-cooled, the size difference, and you'd have to jet it to get the bike running properly...
    - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Thanks,

The reason that my carbs need cleaning so to save myself trouble I was considering the Gixxxer carbs, that I saw on ebay for $40.00 so I was wondering....

Comment

Chances are that you'd have to clean them anyway; and since you'd have to jet them I doubt it would be a really good deal (jet's ain't for free)...
        - Samuel

My 1988 Katana 600

Comment

Re: 97 Katana

Originally posted by indecent
          I was wondering why there aren't any manuals for 97 Katanas but there are plenty for 88-96 and 98+. What is so damn special about the 97 year.
          Because '97 was a transition year; the 750 had transitioned already by the 600 wouldn't transition until '98. The factory was already churning out '98 models (which wouldn't arrive in dealerships until late '97 for the '98 model-year roll-out), but manual writers already knew this...

For the 600, use the '96 specs as your manual; there are no changes of note.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X