X

Anyone run Perelli's on their KAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone run Perelli's on their KAT?

I am running Road Winner tires, and at times when cornering, the back end seems to slide. Makes a newbie a bit queezy (me). What tires give grip and hopefully last a while?
    What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

You should check your tire pressure and remember too that when it cold out your tires do not warm up like they normally would and you get that slippery feeling. At least I do up here in New England!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

I have Pirelli Stradas and I have been really happy with then. Are you sure that your tires are sliding because of a lack or grip or are you hitting road debris. This time of year there is a lot of sand and salt on the road that will reduce grip.

Comment

that too
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Go to "Rolling Stock" forum and read .....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i just ordered pirelli diablo stradas yesterday.

Comment

Aren't Road Winners bicycle tires for road-racing style 27" bike wheels?

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Oh, god, no... IRC makes Road Winners for motorcycles!

THESE ARE NOT SAFE TIRES FOR A KATANA!
                IRC Road Winner tires are H rated bias tires. They are not certified for the weight requirements nor speed of the Katanas and your life could be in serious jeapardy. They are also not the right size for your wheels.

IMMEDIATELY REPLACE THEM.
                I will recommend Metzeler Z6 RoadTecs, Pirelli Diablo Stradas, or just about any other tire on the market actually intended for your size/weight motorcycle other than Chen Shing or Tomahawk. Use a 120/70ZR17 front and 150/70ZR17 rear.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I just ordered the stradas, but the z6 I heard were good too, so either of those is probly best. They are the two most talked about on this site.

Comment

I will be pulling my Michelin Macadams of my bike within the next 6 weeks. They have 3000 miles on them and are in great condition. You want them?
                    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by goldkat
                      I will be pulling my Michelin Macadams of my bike within the next 6 weeks. They have 3000 miles on them and are in great condition. You want them?
                      GoldKat, that is awesome of you to offer this poor misguided guy a set of safer tires! He really is riding on tires that way underrated for the Kat and potential deathtrap as it is (obviously someone bought the cheapest thing they could shoe-horn onto the bike). IRC does make some tires rated for the Kat, but the Road Winners are not them.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Originally posted by goldkat
                        GoldKat, that is awesome of you to offer this poor misguided guy a set of safer tires! He really is riding on tires that way underrated for the Kat and potential deathtrap as it is (obviously someone bought the cheapest thing they could shoe-horn onto the bike). IRC does make some tires rated for the Kat, but the Road Winners are not them.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Uhh shucks Cyber, geez I'm blushing.

fsand03, you are welcome to these tires cheap. Many of us don't like the performance characteristics of the Macadam but if you are commuting and doing some touring and a bit of twisties they are great tires with good longevity.

On the otherhand if you want better performance in the twisties, buy the Metzler Z6 or the other recommended tires Cyber has written about. You will see a thousand threads on KR refering to tires, use the information to your best advantage.

Just get those unsafe tires off yer bike brotha!
                        R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Cyberpoet, others;
                          I am grateful for the advice and your generous offers. I rode the bike down to a custom place this morning and reviewed tires with the proprietor. Ended up with a set of Continental Conti-Force tires sized for my bike and a Dynajet jet kit. won't get my Kat back until later part of next week, but it will now be safe to ride. Thanks again all.
                          What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by fsand03
                            Cyberpoet, others;
                            I am grateful for the advice and your generous offers. I rode the bike down to a custom place this morning and reviewed tires with the proprietor. Ended up with a set of Continental Conti-Force tires sized for my bike and a Dynajet jet kit. won't get my Kat back until later part of next week, but it will now be safe to ride. Thanks again all.
                            Thank you for the update. I hate to see riders go down due to bad equipment when it's so easily preventable.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                            X