X

Plastic-head key blanks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic-head key blanks

Days before I purchased my 89 750, the owner lost the keys - she had a locksmith make 2 new keys from the ignition & gas cap BUT they're all-metal. I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find key blanks with a plastic head for this bike? I ran around town today, searched extensively on ebay, and no joy.

Dave
    There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Your dealer should be able to order them, if you want the Suzuki-specific keyhead.

You could also always just dip the metal version's heads in some tool handle dip if you just want them rubber-coated.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Tool handle dip... Hmmmm... never heard of it and so never thought of it. Sounds like a cheap solution. Thanks CP.
      There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

Comment

You can find this stuff, or competitors to it at most tool & hardware stores.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by CCnCoke
          Tool handle dip... Hmmmm... never heard of it and so never thought of it. Sounds like a cheap solution. Thanks CP.
          I wouldn't..
          It works best on rough surfaces and no sharp edges..
          I have used it on tools, I got a high quality version it didn't stand on the edges. (once it broke through it fell off) and the stuff is a dirt magnet.
          I'd spend the $$ on plastic keys. Look online (or ebay) for the blanks..

Comment

Ok cool - I actually JUST found one on ebay. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Why is having a plastic key so important? Is it just because you want the Suzuki logo?

A better option than the Plastidip would be to just buy a plastic key head cover. They sell them in different colors so you can color code your keys to make them easier to find.

Comment

Might also check Home Depot. I believe the one around where I live can make them. Not sure if it's the plastic head ones though.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

My locksmith had plastic head keys that fit suzukis. Try another locksmith and see what blanks they have.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X