X

Fuel Additives

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Additives

What kind/brand of fuel additive are the best to use. I have gum out right now. What do you suggest as the best one?
    2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Techron or Seafoam

Comment

is it ok to add the whole thing to the tank even though it treats UP to 21 gallons. only 5 gallons is ok for the whole thing?
      2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

I throw a partial bottle of Techcrom after storing my bike. Once I burn through that tank of gas I change the oil.

Comment

About the only thing I've put in the 750 kat is stabil. Been using it in my goldwing for the last four years, works great
          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I use Techron (1/3rd of a bottle to a Kat fill up) to clean out the carb's smaller passages -- works particularlly well on carb'd bikes that have been parked too long (such as most used bikes).

Stabil is ideal for storing a bike with fuel in for a long time (up to 12 months). It's not a cleaner, but a fuel stabilizer.

I haven't tried seafoam.

Most STP products are crud from what I've seen (such as the water remover -- not right for a bike with an unsealed fuel tank).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X