X

Carb parts help needed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb parts help needed.

I have a 92 GSXR 750 motor that i am going to fit into my 82 GS1000SZ,the carbs that are on the motor i bought are in a real bad state.I can get everything i need to rebuild them, with the exeption of the brass tubes that run down the sides,i have not found them on any micro fishe etc, even the stealers could not find them.Any help would be greatly appriciated,thanks.
    Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

The ones that run from the top of the carb to the bottom??
    Good luck. I think your best bet is to get a set of
    carbs with good castings off Special K..
    Why are you replacing the tubes?

Comment

After i soaked the carbs and blowing out all the chemicals, i saw that one of them was broke, when i checked the rest, they were all cracked the same,right at the swedge where it goes into the casting.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
        The ones that run from the top of the carb to the bottom??
        Good luck. I think your best bet is to get a set of
        carbs with good castings off Special K..
        Why are you replacing the tubes?

92 gixxer were 38mm carbs not sure if keith has them or not

Comment

Ewww..
          I would replace the whole casting..
          I don't think you are going to sucessfully replace that part.. I wonder how they got that bad?

Comment

I may just end up buying some 1/8 dia copper or brass tubing from the hobby store,and bending my own,not that easy, but could be done if i aneal the tube first, and then harden it afterwards.Hopefully i can buy the peices i need, and save a little frustration.

Comment

Have you tried going direct to Mikuni??

I don't know if they can help you, but it's worth a try.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by ne-oublie
                I may just end up buying some 1/8 dia copper or brass tubing from the hobby store,and bending my own,not that easy, but could be done if i aneal the tube first, and then harden it afterwards.Hopefully i can buy the peices i need, and save a little frustration.
                Can you annel / harden common copper?
                Dude, I would check with the guys here..
                All you need are the castings so some one might have them in a junk pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                  Can you annel / harden common copper?
                  Dude, I would check with the guys here..
                  Heat the copper and air cool, then heat and quench in water to harden, use heat/temp crayons to get right temps, don't remember colors from memmory.

Comment

I've got an extra bank of carbs for a pre98 600, but I think they might be smaller than yours, I don't know for sure. pm me if interested.

Comment

I think Josh28 had the same problem, maybe ask him how he solved his and/or maybe he has 1 or 2 he'll sell/trade ya.
                      An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Try www.sudco.com -- they usually carry mikuni sub-parts for most things you could want.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                        X