Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New SS Front Brake Lines... Suggestions on how to run them..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SS Front Brake Lines... Suggestions on how to run them..

I bought some new SS Gaffer Front brake lines... Since they are smaller in diamater than stock they are loose in the guide/holder that bolts to the forks (with the little rubber doodad). Also I seem to have some extra line so the brake lines coming up the forks will touch or rest on the forks about half way up. I know this is needed when she is on her center stand and the front wheel is extened. They also touch the dash.... I am looking for some pictures and or suggestions on how I should route these lines.

Thanks!

-Mike

I cut the little rubber isolators from the old hoses and put them around the new lines then bolted it down with the cut in the isolators facing away from the opening... In theory, you could do the same with any piece of rubber hose that's the right size...
    Don't know if that will help you or not.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

they make holders for them. I can get them for you. Not sure what the price is off hand but they do have a holder for SS lines. By the way how much were your lines?
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Thanks

I re-used the old rubber pieces from the old lines down there by the calipers on the forks. I only had to cut one of them as the other was coning apart at one of the seams. They do not make a tight fit on the hoses since they are smaller in diamater, but it does help hold them in place. What I am looking for is how to run them from that point up to the resivior on the handlebar. I have run them in a way I thought was ok, but they seem to touch the forks on the way up and the dash.

Paid about $110 for the front kit only. Will be looking for the rear kit here soon.

On a side note. I bought the bike about 3 months ago. Doing the brake service sent a chill down my spine when I noticed the only thing holding in the brake pad pin on the left side was that it was slightly bent. The retaining clip was nowhere to be seen. Took 2 weeks to get 2 new pins and clips....

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
          they make holders for them. I can get them for you. Not sure what the price is off hand but they do have a holder for SS lines. By the way how much were your lines?
          What does that look like, and where does it go?

Comment

I am not sure as to what it looks like. It would go back in where they met under the horn. I could have gotten you the 2 line kit cheaper by $22. The rear would cost you $50.00 The three line Kit would only cost you $137.00 Anyway give me a shout when you want the rear and the holder that goes up front.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
            X