Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you.i see.i never was any good at math

Comment

Originally posted by rwcreigh
      hey i have a ? for you guys.i am setting my valves today and CP has the intake valves at .004-.006 and the ex. at .007-.009.and the repair manual has them at intake 0.10-0.15 and the ex. at 0.18-0.23.what gives?i trust cp more then the manual but i want to ask so i dont have to do this anytime soon.thanks
      I'd never mislead you intentionally on something critical like that!

Yes, I listed it in inches, because most of the feeler gauges sold in the USA are marked in inches, some are marked in both, and very, very few are marked solely in millimeters.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

one last ?.the manual said to use a sealent and i did last time.BUT a buddy of mine said not to use it on the valve cover.i do know that it is a bitch to clean the old off!do you guys use any.he did say he uses it on the signal cover i guess because its felt.i do know that when i did my first valve adjustment there was no sealent so i am thinking the factory dont use any.thanx

Comment

I don't use any sealants on the Kat at all -- just the stock gaskets. If ever develop a leak, I'll replace the gasket instead. So far, 2 kats, 50k miles between them, no leaks from lack of RTV (although I have had to reseat the valve covers once).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

suzuki recommends sealent only at the cam end caps. over the years working on cars & bikes i would used it - leaks can occur with using to much so a thin coat is all thats needed.

tim

edit: if i remember correctly the gasket at the end caps is grooved so there is not a lot of sealing surface area by the gasket alone but gives a bit of room for the RTV to spread out. if the old sealent is removed ( recommended ) from the gasket then i'd highly suggest using a bit og RTV.

Comment

Valve adjust

8) I also use just a little rtv sealant on the end caps, very thin coat. Be sure you start and run it before putting all the plastic back on to check for leaks.

Comment

i did and no leaks.thanks

Comment

Galveston

8) Last time I was down at galveston a crabb pinched my toe and it did hurt. 1963

Comment

Working...
                  X