X

how do you lower your 98 kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you lower your 98 kat?

i just got this 98 kat 600 and noticed the spring can be compressed to lower it. how do you do it?

Not like that. Get some lowering links, simple bolt-on. I have a set for sale if you are interested.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Actually, on a 98+ Kat, I'd recommend different dogbones (That MIGHT be what teddy is selling), or you can always lower the stock shock by notching it down to 2. It would change the ride (depends on how much you weigh), You can also loosen up the clamps at the upper and lower trees and SLIGHTLY raise the front forks. I would not go more than 20mm though...................

I've lowered plenty of Kats for shorter folks...........by just adjusting what you have. Key here is lowering the SEAT HEIGHT about 1.5 to 2"........

DEF. DO NOT use spring compression clamps............
      I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
      Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
      Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Yes, I was referring to the dogbones. All of my buddies refer to them as lowering 'links', just picked it up along the way I guess. Wouldn't adjusting the spring itself actually change the spring rate and soften the ride, compared to what you are used to?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
          I've lowered plenty of Kats for shorter folks...........by just adjusting what you have. Key here is lowering the SEAT HEIGHT about 1.5 to 2"........
          HIJACKED AND BROUGHT FROM THE DEAD... How? As some of you might know.. my girl/friend dumped her bike because it's about 2" too high for her? Just shaving the seat? or...?
          Last edited by XSNomad; 09-22-2008, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Start by contacting Neoublie about getting some custom made dogbones (suspension links) to drop the rear by about 1.5" (probably the max amount that the rear can safely be dropped). Then consider what else you need to do (shave seat, lower profile tires, taller soles on her riding boots).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
              Start by contacting Neoublie about getting some custom made dogbones (suspension links) to drop the rear by about 1.5" (probably the max amount that the rear can safely be dropped). Then consider what else you need to do (shave seat, lower profile tires, taller soles on her riding boots).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Cheers and thx again

Comment

Sorry, forgot to post the link:

You can find the dogbones (both pre- and 98+) at the thread above.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                X