X

small bend on front rim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small bend on front rim

is it possible to fix a bent rim its not a big bend its kind of like i hit a curb and and bent the part of the rim that touches the tireon the outside. but its bad enough that it popped the bead and let all the air out about 1 inch of teh outter lip is bent up

it could be fix with dead blow mallet and a propane torch heat it up and thumb it a few times and do it over and over slowly or send it off and have it done but kat front wheels are cheap or pre98 kat front wheels and gs500 front wheels are cheap since there the same check ebay

Comment

thanks will do

Comment

That will definetly work but if it doesn't hold to well i would definetly get a new rim try you rlocal junk yards if you want to find a good price or ebay

Comment

heat to metal will make it weak.you can do it but i would get a new rim.

Comment

junk it, your tire are the only just that has contact to the road, if the rim is bent then it is an accident waiting to happen. Look at ebay for a used rim. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

Get rid of it...the structual integrity of the rim has been compromised and the rim will now be in a weakened state. A medium size bump or pot hole could end it for you and the bike if hit good enough on a rebent rim.

Comment

Originally posted by macgyver
                Get rid of it...the structual integrity of the rim has been compromised and the rim will now be in a weakened state. A medium size bump or pot hole could end it for you and the bike if hit good enough on a rebent rim.
                +1

If you get a catastrophic failure from weakened metal, the front tire will spontaneously deflate and you'll be in a world of pain. Considering replacement wheels normally go well under $100 if you take your time to find one used, it's simply not worth it. I would also highly encourage you to replace the tire because it may have damages that are not visible to the naked eye, both inside the belt/tread lamination and at the mounting reinforcement lip as a result of an impact hard enough to damage the wheel that much.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Shawn , if it help i have a straight and good condition wheel with tire. If intersted let me know.

Comment

Working...
                  X