X

Anybody use this battery ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody use this battery ?

I ran out to Batteries Plus on Friday night and picked this up. I was talking to the one manager in there who was working and asked her how this compared to a Yuasa battery that Ive been accustomed to using for a long time. She said these are comparable to a Yuasa, carry a 1 year warranty, and she's never heard of any complaints from anyone who's used them.

Anybody else try this battery or using it now?

Nope, sorry man. Got mine for half that price at Wal-Mart.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

looks liek a lower line of the interstate gel cell battery to me i knwo the interstate ones rock thats what in use in my 900rr looks like a decent battery

Comment

Never heard of the before. A little bit of research lead me to find that it's a house-brand labelled by Ascent Battery Supply, a wholy-owned subsidiary of Batteries Plus. As far as I'm concerned, that means it's built to spec by who-ever is cheapest on the quote, and the actual manufacturer may vary batch-by-batch.

Generally, my experiences have been that while many companies build decent MC batteries, Yuasha really does have an advantage in their motorcycle battery designs that tend to make them survive a bit longer in use (heat/vibration resistance) and deliver a bit higher CCA's... the benefit of having that as your main market is better purpose-driven engineering talent on-staff.

Not that it matters -- you already got it

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It does sound like it is a no name brand(no offense) but hey you do already have it and it could actually last.
          "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

I figured this way, even if it does suck, the riding season will be half over by the time I get back from the rally..so worst case scenario it only lasts me through this year and then I can let them know it sucks..or best case scenario is I got a good deal on a battery people havent seen too much, and I can let them know it was awesome.

Either way for 40.00, it'll do for now

Comment

Working...
            X