No announcement yet.
X

[questions] Reverting to Stock Exhaust?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [questions] Reverting to Stock Exhaust?

Hey all, been perusing for a while but just got an account today.

Anyways, so I have a '93 Kat 750 that I bought used off some kid last fall and it came w/ mystery exhaust headers and an Akrapovic can on it that's too bid, and a D&D muffler that's too small (doesn't even fit the collector pipe)

It sounds like it's misfiring from like 4000-5000, and I think that's cuz the Akrapovic can is a little big for the collector pipe causing some pretty heinous exhaust leaks. As it is now, it kinda sounds like a fart-cannon on some rice-mobile ...

So I got fed up with the misfires and got a used stock exhaust (full headers/mufflers) on eBay. It came a couple days ago and I'm just wondering a) how hard it'll be to put on, b) the likelihood that it'll fix my misfire cuz I think it's either the exhaust leaks or carb issues, and c) how bad would it be to re-use the gaskets that are on the mystery headers now... I ordered a full set of replacement gaskets, clamps, and plates but they won't arrive for another week or two and I really want to go for a ride w/out having my exhaust be obnoxiously loud and hopefully no longer having the engine misfire

Thanks in advance 8)
    ~Spicy

If you can get the exhaust gaskets off without damages, you can reuse them. Putting a stock system back on is fairly straight-forward if the header bolts aren't seized -- just make sure you coat the bolts with high temp antiseize before you install them again.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X