X

Which Fumoto Valve for 96 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fumoto Valve for 96 750

I know, kick me... I've searched, but for whatever reason all the Fumoto valves listed are for 98+ that I can find. Someone set me straight, which do I need. 96 750. Thanks in advance!! Is there a list on here somewhere that has all of this information in one spot? Type of oil, fumoto valve, oil filter part number, stuff like that, all broken down by year? That would be nifty

New to Katriders? Click Here!

PM Cyberpoet , he's the one that sells them . Pretty sure the 98+ and pre98 will be the same , though ...
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I don't sell them -- I send people directly to the manufacturer's website to buy them ( www.fumotovalve.com ).

The part number suitable for your bike is an F111, which has an M14x1.25 thread-pitch (the '96 750 uses the same drain bolt as the 98+ Kats).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks guys

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

CP, how about for a 93 600? I also got a Full V&H SS2R, will the N type work so oil dont hit the mid pipes? Thanks
          PAUL
          93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Originally posted by SEQX34
            CP, how about for a 93 600? I also got a Full V&H SS2R, will the N type work so oil dont hit the mid pipes? Thanks
            Honestly, I have no clue on the pre-98 fitment with any sort of aftermarket pipe (or even with the stock pipe) -- I just looked up the Suzuki part number for the drain and cross-checked it against the later model Kat's drain (same), thus I knew it took the same size fumoto valve.

I would strongly advise against using the "N" type on any bike, because the nipple to hold the hose actually sticks out another 1/2 inch or more compared to the F type valve, which could mean ground-clearance issues. If your drain would be right up against your exhaust (physical contact), I wouldn't recommend the Fumoto. If the exhaust is 1/4" or more away, you could simply put some aluminum foil over it before you opened the valve, so any oil that would hit it won't get on the pipes.

Moreover, if the distance is under 1/2" (or the exhaust runs literally right under the drain), I'd put in some form of heat sheild or skip the mod -- the Fumoto has a high-temp plastic bushing in it that can cope with 400 degree (F) oil temps, but I doubt it would cope well with 1200+ degree exhaust exposure on a regular basis.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Not to resurrect a dead thread but I just got one of these for my 02 600. It doesn't fit. There is a flange on the oil pan that the valve won't clear. I don't feel comfy grinding it off. Suggestions? Guess I could order an adapter but not sure which one.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
                Not to resurrect a dead thread but I just got one of these for my 02 600. It doesn't fit. There is a flange on the oil pan that the valve won't clear. I don't feel comfy grinding it off. Suggestions? Guess I could order an adapter but not sure which one.
                Grind the flange off with a dremel. It takes about 3 - 8 minutes and it's done.

If you don't want to grind, either get someone else to do it, or sell the fumoto.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hmm....grind it is, then. Seems so....invasive.

Comment

Working...
                  X