Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

slip on, air filter and jet kit performance???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slip on, air filter and jet kit performance???

hey guys,
    i have an 05 katana 600, and i have it due to not be financially stable to get a "supersport" bike, now dont get me wrong i love that thing, it is an awesome bike but i NEED more power, so im researching slip-on (most likely yosh, only exhaust i really like the sound on) air filter and jet kit (most likely ivans just cuz of the mad raves it gets on here) now what kinda performance can i be looking forward getting??? and what else can i really do besides hardcore engine work to get this thing a little more hp??? thanks in advance, i did much research and just seeing what the general consensus is. thanks guys.

Re: slip on, air filter and jet kit performance???

Originally posted by icyhandlz
    now what kinda performance can i be looking forward getting???
    Not alot .
    Unless you go with a FULL system with those other mods , you will realize very little actual gains . Maybe a couple hp (moslty due to the jet kit , actually) . Even with the full system , it won't be a firebreathing beast . But with that stuff , an ignition advancer , and regearing , it WILL feel alot faster . But the biggest bag-for-your-buck would be the regearing . You can get a chain and sprocket kit for $130 or so , and THAT will make it feel faster than all the other stuff , which would be ALOT more money .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thats what i figured, dang it thanks for the help any suggestion on what gearing is optimal i do a "considerable" amount of highway driving???

Comment

My opinion:

How much more power do you need and where do you need it?

Skip the exhaust. Skip the air filter change. Insert the Ivan's jetkit and the advancer, then start debating gear changes.

OR

Go straight to a Bandit 1200 engine, which will bolt in.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

direct bolt on??? any specific years???

Comment

ALMOST direct bolt-in . There's a sticky about engine drop-ins you'll wanna read .
            As far as sprockets .... depends . I went -1 up front , and I don't think I'm cruising too high at ALL on the highway . Some say -1+3 works okay , too . I think that's a bit much myself , though .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X