wtb Ivans jet kit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtb Ivans jet kit

Where do I get one? How much?
    here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

his website?

Comment

When good just isn't good enough, we make fast faster! We specialize in sportbike carb kits.

Mine was $130 + shipping.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

$120+ shipping without the allen screws.

$130+ shiiping with the screws.

Take it from me just pay the extra $10 for the screws cuz more than likely your going to strip one of those phillips screws that cover the floats and then your gonna be pissed...at least with the allens you are good to go.

He'll also suggest to you a Carb sync tool for $70.

Comment

how hard is the job?

Comment

Once you get the stuff out of the way and reach the carbs, it's a 10 to 30 minute operation, depending on how well your float bowl screws back out (I use a small set of vice-grips to start them, turning them from the outside of the screw instead of mangling the heads).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I made my own carb sync tool. it wasn't perfect, but it worked great. I used a 2x4 and a long length of clear tubing. bend the tube in the middle and secure it to the 2x4 making sure not to kink it. fill the tube with a little oil (something that won't destroy the engine if it gets sucked in) and mark it when it levels off.

To use it you just attach the top ends of the tube to either nipple that you are adjusting at the moment.

This only works if you sync the left two together, then right two then both banks (like the pre98, not sure about 98+)

it looks pretty ghetto, but it made my bike run a heck of a lot smoother

Comment

Is there a write up or does the kit come with instructions?
                here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by dragkota
                  Is there a write up or does the kit come with instructions?
                  Kit comes with instructions on how to install it (but not how to do a carb sync).

You can find pictorial write-ups of how to do either on my site here:
                  CyberPoet's Katana Pages

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                  X