X

front probs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front probs.

Ok when i do a wheelie and come down the froint end shakes.or if i'm riding and take both hands off the handle bars the thing starts shaking like a leaf.what is the prob please help me.this thing is dangerous

keep your hands on the bars, and stop doing wheelies.

Comment

wow thanks.i will have to start doing that.but just think if i didnt do this i would have never known i hada problem

Comment

I've got the same prob,(with my hands on the bars,and front wheel on the ground) I get a wobble in the front end . its not a problem on the rode but the track where I can open this thing up cant go above 120-125 I know the bike can do more than that. I hit 104 in 3rd gear
        luv my 95 katana

Comment

PROBABLY a bad front tire .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've got the same prob,(with my hands on the bars,and front wheel on the ground) I get a wobble in the front end . its fiits not a problem on the rode but the track where I can open this thing up cant go above 120-125 I know the bike can do more than that. I hit 104 in 3rd gear
            luv my 95 katana

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              PROBABLY a bad front tire .
              +1

Most likely:
              Scalloped or cupped front tire
              Front tire unbalanced

Possible:
              Steering stem bearings bad
              Wheel bearings bad
              Wheel warped
              Rotor warped

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

thanx, I have thinking about buy ing new tires. I cant feel any movement in bearing . What about fork tubes, I seen oil around one of the seals but after I washed the bike I haven't seen any more oil. If the tube lo9st all the oil would that cause the prob???
                luv my 95 katana

Comment

tire

Comment

First suspect would be the tire.

Then I'd play with suspension settings, and tire pressures, and see if something clicks.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

noone mentioned this and i am not completley sure if it would cause this problem but maybe incorrect bar ends on the handlebars,or wheel incorrectly balanced or not balanced at all. possible bent frame?

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan
                        keep your hands on the bars, and stop doing wheelies.
                        +1..
                        Probibly why the bike is tweeked in the first place

Comment

[sarcasm]
                          Yeah geez, see when I go street racing against my buddy's GSX-R in rush hour traffic and whenever I do endos and wheelies in traffic I get a shimmy from the front end. You know? I sometimes get it too when I'm passing 18-wheelers on the right, but only at speeds over 130.

Also, is downshifting into 2nd from 5th while doing 140 bad? It only pegs the tach at 16,000 RPM for a short time. Oh, I haven't changed my oil in 18,000 miles either - I'm good for a little while, right? Oil is too expensive.
                          [/sarcasm]

Dude seriously - grow up or park it before you kill yourself.
                          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

POP944

Couldn't have said it better myself!
                            Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Comment

Originally posted by Zman7928
                              thanx, I have thinking about buy ing new tires. I cant feel any movement in bearing . What about fork tubes, I seen oil around one of the seals but after I washed the bike I haven't seen any more oil. If the tube lo9st all the oil would that cause the prob???
                              If you literally saw oil around your seals, then it's time to have the forks R&R'd (repair/replace parts as necessary). If you do it yourself, estimate $50 in oil and seals; if you turn it over to a shop, estimate $270 in labor if they're on the bike, plus $50 in oil & seals.

The forks should have the oil & seals changed every other year anyway.

If you're wheeling regularly, contact me via PM's to get you a stiffer set of Ohlin fork springs to replace the stock springs (will keep the bike from landing as hard, absorb the impacts better).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X