X

tool Q?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool Q?

so while i'm in the midst of building up my tool kit, i ran into a quandary of which vise grip to get.

which is the 'best bet' style?

use the "search" button. CyberPoet posted a list of tools he cary on his bike. I think he's got "sears" or a "garage" under his seat. you wont believe how much stuff he can pack in there
    PAUL
    93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

yeah, that was in a previous thread i posted.

i just noticed that they make many different styles of vise grips (needle nose, flat or curved, ect ect.).

i've never really worked on bikes, so i don't know which one will be of most use in moments that i DO need to use such a tool.

Comment

get them all lol, might as well cause each ones have different uses. obviously a needle nose vice will get to places a curved style wont. a curved style will give better grip than a needle nose etc.
        03 katanika

Comment

I only use one , the needlenose one .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I carry a small (I think the 5" version) vice-grip brand one, curved-jaw style (flat on the front edge, curved slightly further back); the leatherman takes care of my needle-nose requirements...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sounds ALOT like the ones I keep , 'cept mine's bigger . probably 8" or so . But I never use any OTHER "universal bolt stripper " .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

cool, gives me a better idea now.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X