X

Quieting Down A D&D EXhaust?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quieting Down A D&D EXhaust?

Geez, is this thing loud! Mean, stupid, useless loud. On my 99 Kat 750, and I am embarrased to ride it! What can be done? Can it be repacked, to good effect?
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Loud is better no? Get some ear plugs.

Comment

all i know from reading the posts here is that D&D is by far the loudest exhaust you put on a kat... im sure someone else will chime in, but if it is new, i don't think you can repack it... if it is used then you might be able to.

besides, now you can wake up as many people as the harley riders going to work at 5 in the morning

Comment

No, loud is NOT better. And I wear earplugs, anyway.

Loud Pipes Risk Rights.
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

That just clinched it for me - I'd been mulling over a D&D or a Yoshimura. I'm definitely getting the D&D now.
          ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
          Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Yes you have the loudest pipe on the market...get a new one...I've heard the Wiley Co. ones on ebay are pretty good....also check the bike sale parts here...someone is selling a yoshi pipe..not sure what year but you can post asking...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

StevieB, I know how you feel. I just bought a Kat with a D&D exhaust. Ten years ago I might have thought it was cool, but now I just think it's too loud.

Comment

you guys must have very delicate ears. or helmet has no padding. I have ridden with guys that have yoshi, vance and hines, micron and once they get up on revs they aint much diffrent than my d&d

Comment

Originally posted by POP944
                  That just clinched it for me - I'd been mulling over a D&D or a Yoshimura. I'm definitely getting the D&D now.
                  Haha amen brother.

I went D&D on my last bike (900r ninja) after my buddy said "man derik got that d&d and that thing is stupid obnoxious loud"

Just bought another for my kat

Comment

+2 for the D&D. I love mine - actually gets the old people to turn their heads .

A lot may depend on where you live. Where I am it's flat and wide open most places so it doesn't seem loud at all. I guess if you live amongst tall buildings or hills the echo may make it seem louder.

Anyway, I digress. I don't think there's any way to repack the D&D to quiet it down. If you're not happy with it and it's barely used, take it off and sell it on eBay. Then use that $$$ to put towards a Yoshi or whatever sounds better to you.

Good luck!
                    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

I'll take it off your hands, PM if your interested in selling it.
                      05 GSX-600
                      89 zx750r
                      04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

I won't ride behind anyone sporting a D&D . I can't hear my walkman over those stupid things .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

If you haven't repacked it in the last two years (and it's over 2 years old), repack it ($20 or so in materials). If that doesn't cut it, find some newbie here on the board who is looking for a D&D and sell it

I'm with MD86 on his stance -- I don't like riding behind D&D owners.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

What do you want for it? I'm looking for a loud (even obnoxiously loud is fine by me) exhaust. Having loud pipes doesn't bother me. The D&D would be perfect. Shoot me a PM or e-mail if interested:

[email protected]

I guess that means I'm the "newbie here on the board who is looking for a D&D".
                            ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
                            Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

A. you must understand that loud is to your benefit. when you are driving, people can hear your exhaust and know you are there. this becomes a safety issue, and if people know you are there, then that should make you feel just a bit more safe. B. if you are wondering about waking up the neighborhood, then ride in a higher gear and coast in. its what i do everynight i come home from work at 3 am. C. if its too loud for you, you should get some good ear plugs, not cheap ones. D. how much are you getting to your helmet? is it loose? anyway, quit whinning. for crying out loud, you have a sport bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X