Exhaust options for '99 Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust options for '99 Kat 750

Yoshimura or D&D?

Should I jet the carbs after or will I be okay. I mostly want something a little louder and if I get some more performance out of it, bonus. It's more of a daily driver type bike, not a high-perf track bike or anything. . . TIA
    ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
    Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

I say get a Hindle slip-on and an Ivan jet kit..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
      I say get a Hindle slip-on and an Ivan jet kit..
      +1

Then dremel out the weld seams in the headers (see this how-to ).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Good advice. Those Ivan's kits look very good - I'll be picking up one of those for sure. Great advice on the headers also - excellent write-up!

Still not sure which way I'm gonna' go with the exhaust though. The Hindle ones look to be very good although personally I like something a little louder. D&D is extremely loud wide open, but then again I don't go wide open all that often. I also believe in the "louder pipes save lives" thing. I'm not gonna' be revving it at absurd levels in the still of the morning around my neighborhood - I just want to make sure I'm heard/seen on the road. Guess I'll try it and if I don't like it I can always sell it and get a Hindle or a V&H or something.

Thanks for the pointers though - good to be getting the mod bug on this bike finally.

Plus some cars.

Comment

Originally posted by POP944
          I also believe in the "louder pipes save lives" thing.
          Although I don't agree with the premise that louder pipes save lives, I respect that some people do... But do yourself one very major favor: wear serious earplugs. They will protect your hearing from getting damaged quickly, which is a factor with just normal highway speeds (from wind over the helmet) and is aggrevated even more with a particularly loud exhaust. The ability to hear well may save your life in five or ten years...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Good point. I often do wear plugs while riding (something I learned from flying airplanes - even with a good headset). Good advice in any case. . .

Plus some cars.

Comment

i say go with a scorpion exhaust there good well made they sound great nice mellow tone at idle they get a lil loud under light load but when you crack open the throttle theyll let you knwo their there unlike those crappy hindles : and yoshi and d&d are too loud and cheap made

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
                i say go with a scorpion exhaust there good well made they sound great nice mellow tone at idle they get a lil loud under light load but when you crack open the throttle theyll let you knwo their there unlike those crappy hindles : and yoshi and d&d are too loud and cheap made
                Sin, you need to come to the rally. That's the best place to compare the exhaust tones on Kats -- because all the different exhaust cans are normally represented. It's also where I formed my opinion on the tone of the Hindles.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

oh im not comment on the sound of a hindle they some ok im comment on the cheap sotty craftsmanship cheap metals and bad welds at least on my 900rr exhaust they are and the titanium is supersoft like dent it with a rubber mallet soft with a light tap

Comment

Working...
                  X