No announcement yet.
X

Raising a bit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preload is at 2 as per the manual's settings. We don't technically bottom out cause there are never any markings on the inner fender. Is there some other "knock" i'm feeling? Should i just bump it up to like 4 n see what happens?

Comment

Originally posted by redkat06
      preload is at 2 as per the manual's settings. We don't technically bottom out cause there are never any markings on the inner fender. Is there some other "knock" i'm feeling? Should i just bump it up to like 4 n see what happens?
      At the rear:
      The spring preload is rated one to seven. Stock setting is four, and is right for a 140 - 160 lb rider riding solo. Jack it up (compress the spring more).
      The compression damper is rated one to four. If you get any yo-yo'ing, increase the number one setting at a time.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

whoa so i should change my preload currently a 4 but i am 250 lb

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
          whoa so i should change my preload currently a 4 but i am 250 lb
          I would think so.
          The advantage of lower than "ideal" preload is only in having the bike suck up very bad pavement easier (such as if you ride over lots of large expansion joints on your daily commute).
          Do a search for how to set static sag, which will show you how to measure the bike's rear ride height and adjust it specifically to your weight (since it varies by rider weight and where that weight sits on your body).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

sring settings

i`m 6ft 260 wifes 200 spring set at 7 preload at 1 nice comfortable ride (stock suspension)

Comment

my bad i was thinkin of the damper

Comment

Working...
              X