pre98 headlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre98 headlight

Hello all,

Headlight burnt out the other day. I rode home using the highbeam.

My question before I get started, do I need to replace the whole assembly or are there bulbs inside of it?

Nick
    My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Re: pre98 headlight

Originally posted by goose491
    Hello all,

Headlight burnt out the other day. I rode home using the highbeam.

My question before I get started, do I need to replace the whole assembly or are there bulbs inside of it?

Nick
    Just the bulb

I just picked up a bulb yesterday . it was 7.10 after tax it was a honda part number but the guy told me it would work fine . Installed and sure enough no problems .. hope this helps
    89 Kat
    V&H 4 to 1
    Pods and A Jet Kit

Its taking over my life !!!!!!!!

Comment

Cool. Thanks for the quick reply!

...love this site!

Nick

Comment

Actually do you, or anyone else, have the part number? I'll start looking online for one.

If not, I'll just consult the manual when I get home from work.

Comment

try a 9003 or an h4. now would be a good time to pick up a slyvania silverstar. more light than the stock bulb.

Long Live the D

Comment

Get the Silverstar equivilant . You WON'T be sorry . Pricey , but nice .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

+1 on the silverstars.

Any walmart, target, virtually every auto parts store on the planet. Expect to pay $18 - $21 per bulb.

All of the following bulb standards fit (and are interchangable with each other for your purposes):
              H4 - 9003 - HB2

The only thing to be careful about is to make sure the replacement bulb doesn't draw more than 55 watts lowbeam, 60 watts highbeam (normally imprinted in the metal base of the bulb as 55/60). Won't be an issue with the Silverstars, but might be an issue if you look at certain other brands (APC comes to mind). Running more than the OEM wattage without upgrading the wiring to the bulbs can cause serious issues with heat in the wires and in exceptional cases can lead to total bike fires.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X