X

fast blinkers...old topic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast blinkers...old topic

sorry to bring up the old topic but i have not really had time to get around to fixing my blinkers yet and was going to try to do this sometime this weekend. i was wondering if i get the resistance in the line corrected or if i get a new flasher... will my LED rear blinkers be brighter or not burn out as fast? any help will be greatly apreciated thanks.
    "you build a life of success a day at a time"
    Tim Hultz

yes if you add crap i forgot the size resitor i wanna say 1/2watt something resistor and it will make them flash slower like normal signals which i belevie is brighter give me a min ill remeber the size and type resistor

corrrection its a 1watt 10 ohm resistor 271-151 radio shack part number wire it in parallel

----------+
    r
    s
    ----------_

Comment

Either solution will work. Although resistors are cheaper (figure $1), switching to an electronic blinker controller ($8 - $15) is less likely to fail over time and won't complain if you add more LED's or standard bulbs in the front or as additional blinker lights elsewhere (such as in the license plate bracket, etc).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

will the blinker controller add brightness to my blinkers? because when i hook them up straight to my battery they are brighter than when they are hoocked up through the blinker relays. also will i need two blinker controllers or just one? do i hook it or them up in a series type or parallel or some other way? thanks for your help.
        "you build a life of success a day at a time"
        Tim Hultz

Comment

should just need one

Comment

hmmmm
            << RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
            KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Originally posted by codye06
              will the blinker controller add brightness to my blinkers? because when i hook them up straight to my battery they are brighter than when they are hoocked up through the blinker relays. also will i need two blinker controllers or just one? do i hook it or them up in a series type or parallel or some other way? thanks for your help.
              How bright they are is dictated by the voltage. The longer the wire and the more resistance in-line, the less bright they will be.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X