X

Anybody wanna make some money? You gotta have a Pre98 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody wanna make some money? You gotta have a Pre98 600

Im lookin for somebody with a Pre98 600 and knows how to tune carbs. Im hopin I can find somebody that will let me ship my carbs to them, slap them on there 600 and get them tuned for me, cuz I obviously cant. All the local shops around here say I need to bring the bike aswell and I understand that, but I dont have the means to do that.

Im willing to pay (a fair price that is) for somebody to just stick these carbs on your bike tune them or whatever and get them running decent, so I know that when I put them back on my bike, if it still runs like pooh, I know its not the carbs. I know all bikes/motors are different, but Im sure if there on a running bike, they will get tuned better than what they are now.

Thanks
    DJ

I'll do it, I need to retune my own anyway.

PM sent.
    signature coming soon

The goal in life is not to leave this world with a perfectly intact, unmarred body but to slide sideways into the grave screaming HOLY SHIT, WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

I can look at them for ya but I'm in TEXAS maybe WildKat could help He's in York. I won't be in Harrisburg til next year.
      It would be cheaper to find someone there, but if ya can't I'll look at them for ya you pay shipping and parts if needed.
      An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

Cleaning carbs can be done remotely. Disassembly, replacement of bad parts -- no problem. Even general tuning for a known set-up can be done remotely (such as a perfectly stock bike).

BUT final tuning and sync must always be done on the particular bike they should work with. And if you are going to have to do final tuning (or more likely, turn it over to someone with a dyno and pay some $$ for the privilege), it's far simpler & faster to clean/refurb them thoroughly yourself and then just turn the whole bike over to someone who can do the tuning on them in a matter of 10 -20 minutes on a dyno machine locally.

The other thing that I would suggest, and which I have done a few times myself, is order a set of carbs off eBay. Although they may also have problems, I have found that those sets I ordered & received were always reasonably clean and pretty much ready-to-go. Plus, it gives me a secondary parts source for carb parts if I need to transplant parts between them. Afterwards, I sell the remains on eBay again, with full disclosure on what I removed and get most of my $$ back.

Just a few suggestions.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X