X

Is this lean or rich?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to get in on this so late

talk about been here done that ! first question is what slide springs do you have installed ? if you used the Dynojet springs you need to get them out. take the stock springs and cut 1" off them. this will richen the entire rpm range ( not idle though ) as it will take less vacuum to raise the needle.

my katana (600) had a 750 header, K&N filter large hole ( taper in the correct way ) ignition advancer, #15 idle jets, clip 3rd position & 116 mains with stock slide springs cut down 1" and 3.5 turns out.

it was just about perfect ! with a true aftermarket header you 'might' need 120's but i'd run it at 118 on the dyno & see.

tim

Comment

talk about been here done that ! first question is what slide springs do you have installed ? if you used the Dynojet springs you need to get them out. take the stock springs and cut 1" off them. this will richen the entire rpm range ( not idle though ) as it will take less vacuum to raise the needle.
      I have been going back and forth between #3 and #4 setting on my needles using the DJ spring. At #3 I get a flat spot between 5 to 7K, #4 runs sweet but a little rich off idle. I have also used the stock spring as suggested before by Cyberpoet, this helped a little with the flat spot on #3 setting, but made the bike almost undrivable with the #4 setting. So I currently have #4 with DJ spring and have lowered my floats 1mm.
      I have the 120 mains in it right now

This morning I took the bike out (6 am) and found an area on the highway were I was alone and rolled down on the throttle in 6th at about 7k rpms. Before I knew it I was at 9k rpms

I know this is not a Busa,
      but I would be shocked if I'm not putting out at least 80hp.
      2006 GSX600F

Comment

Congrats on geting your problems worked out
        enjoy 8)

Comment

Working...
        X