No announcement yet.
X

Is this lean or rich?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrghh, back to square one. I just did the following....

125 main jet, one step richer on the needle, half turn richer on idle screw.....

From 3k rpms to red line it pulls the best it ever has. But when the bike gets warm and I am at a stop, I roll out the clutch and its like the bike is going to stall. Off the line I have to ride the clutch to get it going. Is it the floats?
    2006 GSX600F

Comment

Well , if it's fine cold , gets worse warm , it's a rich condition . If it were MINE , I'd turn the pilot screws in a smidge just to see what happens .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Pilot screw?
        2006 GSX600F

Comment

pilotscrews

Comment

is the pilot screw and idle mixture screw the same thing? If so, I had the idle a full turn leaner and still had this problem originally. It idles better at 3 1/2 turns out then 3. And on the dyno 3 turns out was 18 to 1 lean. It is definetly a 1/8th throttle issue. The problem seems to coincide with the changing of the needle more then adjusting the idle screw. Tomorrow morning I am going back on the dyno and see where I'm at.
            2006 GSX600F

Comment

i got one question for ya when you say you went with 125 jets what brand were they dynojet brand or mikuni or who?????

Comment

Mikuni
                2006 GSX600F

Comment

ok theres your problem mikuni and dyno jet jets are not the same the numbering system is no whee close to the same and the taper on the inside the nose of the jet is different thats why changing the needles effected the low end its dumping fuel lots of it thats also why it runs liek a raped ape it runnign rich and making power

Comment

Aggghhh, carb tuning is a b----
                    2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by lee1rbc
                      Aggghhh, carb tuning is a b----
                      nah more like a dirty rotten no good back breaking %^#%^ %&#$% ^(^^$$&*^%&$#& (&*%$^& #@%$@% utlra pain in the ass if you dont know all the deals with this type of jet and this brand kit and so on and so on

Comment

Simplest solution: Ivan's JetKit

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          Simplest solution: Ivan's JetKit

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          ivan seems to be the man dyno jet is a bunch of clowns im fianlly glad someone else is competing against them in the carb tuning market

Comment

mine had that falling flat on face when hot from the line. it was the needles. check to make sure that you have the appropriate order of everthing on your needles, and then lean them out. mine was at 3rd clip and was way to rich, went to 2nd clip then all is well.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Back on the dyno again today. Still too lean but better. Pulled 74hp and 39ftlbs. At 10k rpms I am 15.2 to 1 compared to 16.2 to 1. I am going scan this sheet and post later today.
                              2006 GSX600F

Comment

Ok, this dyno shows the difference between 120main and 125main and the needle moved from #3 to the top to #4 to the top. Again this is with a K&N(LRG donut), D&D full exhaust (Chrome headers, carbone fiber straight thrue muffler.) I also made a mystake I have NOT installed the ignition adv yet.(stock timing.)
                                Attached Files
                                2006 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                                X