X

Headers Installed Rigt??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers Installed Rigt??

I just got my bike back from the shop. They installed a K&N intake and a D&D full exhaust, and a DynoJet Kit. The bike sounds awesome and feels like it got an extra cylinder. When I got home and was checking out the work I noticed the that where the header bolts to the engine the flange isn't cinched in tight. In fact on the outside cylinders there is a good 1/4in to 1/2in gap. Is this normal?? I stuck my hand up by by the flanges while the bike was running (very carefully) and couldn't feel any exhuast leaks. Just wondering if I should take the bike back? I called D&D but havent got a response yet. Any thoughts?

On the factory exhaust there is also a gap. But not to that extent. If there is no leaks You should be OK. I am actually waiting for my D&D full system to be delivered. When I install the headers I will let You know if I have the same thing.
    2006 GSX600F

Comment

on my headers(full d&d sytems also) i have the space as you have mentioned and no exhaust leak, just how they mount i guess. Not saying the shop couldnt have messed up but most don't and i have the space, maybe some other guys could help also, but i'd say your fine.

Comment

Thats a relief. Well I'm still going to try and talk to someone @ D&D
        Thanks for the help.

Comment

They usually torque them up to spec.
          Not as extreme as that, but the bolts on my bandit stick out a bit too.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Just finished installing my new D&D full exhaust and that is exactly how mine is. No leaks and it fit perfect so I say good to go. Also, this system is LOUD!
            2006 GSX600F

Comment

all my bolts went in except for the last one on the left side and it sticks out about an 1/8 on and inch. It is in a hard location to get the proper torque.

Comment

Working...
              X