X

Proper suspension adjustment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper suspension adjustment?

I would like to know if I should have my 2003 Kat 750's shock adjustment on the "firm" setting for my size ... or is there even a "standard"? I am 5' 11" and 240 lbs .... I am just "big boned"

Let me know what you think.
    Not as lean, not as mean but still a Marine!

Do a search for the phrase "setting static sag" and it'll walk you through setting it to the best settings for any particular rider based on measurements with that actual bike and that actual rider.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I don't expect this to be a fix all for you, but I'm about 250lbs. 5'9" ... not just big boned... just BIG. I have the front set a 2 from full out, and the rear at 6 with the rear damping at 3. Seems to work well for me. Might be a little stiff for you. For the first little bit, it felt like I was sitting on a board.. I guess the defining factor would be how to plan to ride.. If mainly doing straight line drives, maybe a bit softer.. If carvin corners... firm is goood... feel free to correct me anyone!
      Nothin like watchin the sparks fly off the footpegs...

Comment

+1 i think the bike handles better with firmer settings but its pretty much up to u. at your weight(i`m 6.0 260) i wouldnt set the rear spring lower then three

Comment

Working...
        X