X

Just finished my jet upgrade.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished my jet upgrade.

Just finished installing a dyno jet kit on my 06 Kat. I already have the K&N so I changed from the small donut hole to the large one. I went with the 116 jet because I am planning on installing a Hindle exhaust. Wow, what a kick in the pants I can tell it is running a little rich, when you rev the motor it is slow coming back to idle.
    2006 GSX600F

Originally posted by lee1rbc
    Just finished installing a dyno jet kit on my 06 Kat. I already have the K&N so I changed from the small donut hole to the large one. I went with the 116 jet because I am planning on installing a Hindle exhaust. Wow, what a kick in the pants I can tell it is running a little rich, when you rev the motor it is slow coming back to idle.
    how did you find the install, hard to do...how long did it take??
    I never met a corner I didn't like

Comment

The install went very smooth, 2 hrs (I took my time). The only area to watch out for is stripping a screw. They are very soft, so make sure You use the best quality screw driver possible and apply plenty of pressure before trying to turn. besides that, on a scale 1 to 10 (10 being a cam swap, 1 being checking your tire pressure.) I would give it a 4.

Also, I know they say only a 2hp improvement but it feels like 30 more hp compared to a car, especially from 5 to 8k rpms.
      2006 GSX600F

Comment

Re: Just finished my jet upgrade.

Q's:
        Did you retain the stock carb springs? If not, try it. Should give better throttle response coming off idle.
        Also the motor being slow coming back to idle may be overly tight throttle cables. With the bike off, if you spin the throttle grip open and release, do you hear a distinctive "click" or "snap" when the throttle returns to it's rest position? If not, the cables are set too tight.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I will check the cables now and let You know.
          stock springs give a better throttle response?
          I assume You are talking about the large spring?
          2006 GSX600F

Comment

I will check the cables now and let You know.
            stock springs give a better throttle response?
            I assume You are talking about the large spring?
            Yes, the stock diaphram (big) springs normally provide a lower tension rate, giving a better response coming off idle.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Checked my cables and "snap" its def. not too tight.

It isn't hanging up when coming back to idle after a rev, its just not instant in returning to idle like it was in stock form.

Before it went rrrrRREEARrmm.
              Now it goes rrrrRREEARRrrrmm.
              2006 GSX600F

Comment

The CyberPoet wrote:
                Yes, the stock diaphram (big) springs normally provide a lower tension rate, giving a better response coming off idle.
                Cool, thanks for the knowledge. If I could still pick your brain a little, what are the pros for having the bigger spring? Are there any?[/quote]
                2006 GSX600F

Comment

Cool, thanks for the knowledge. If I could still pick your brain a little, what are the pros for having the bigger spring? Are there any?
                  It's not that the stock springs are bigger (they are a bit longer), but that the actual OEM spring rate is lower than the dynojet springs, meaning it takes less vacuum to get the diaphram slide moving upwards. This generally means a faster ramp up to higher vacuum and higher fueling, making for faster transitions from diaphram-down to diaphram-moving-upwards.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Sorry, I kind of worded my Question wrong.
                    I meant to say, are there any benefits with the dynojet spring? Like mid range or top end.
                    2006 GSX600F

Comment

if it is hanging before it drops to idle, it is because you are running lean. Try 1/4 to 1/2 turn out to richen it up and it will allow it to drop to idle. but if it drops below idle then back up it is to rich.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Ok, I went for a ride and the rev is completely normal again, must have just been because I didn't have my idle totally adjusted. I do have the stock springs so this weekend I will put them back in. Thanks for the tips guys.
                        2006 GSX600F

Comment

Working...
                        X