X

any good carb guys???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any good carb guys???

I hope this is the last problem first I want to thank all you guys for your help you have been invaluable The last problem I hope is a bad hesitation when riding bike seems to idle good and runs strong on the top end but around 4000 rpm there is a hesitation also doesn't always want to return to idle quickly I hope someone can help as I am just learning bike mechanics but I do love the Kat Thanks
    ONE OF THESE DAYS THIS THING WILL RUN RIGHT

Some times when the idle will not return quickly it means your running lean or have vacuum leaks.
    Look for vacuum leaks around the boots that connect the carbs to the motor,
    and any vacuum lines that may have come loose or got damaged or cracked from age.
    Also make sure your air filter is clean and installed properly.
    Darren Drennan
    Alexander, Arkansas
    06 Katana 750

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Katana_Riders/

Comment

Whens the last time you had these carbs synched? it sounds like your butterflies might be a little out of wack.
      -If your not repairing your bike, your not riding it right.

Comment

Motor being slow coming back to idle may be overly tight throttle cables. With the bike off, if you spin the throttle grip open and release, do you hear a distinctive "click" or "snap" (sound will come from the carbs) when the throttle returns to it's rest position ? If not, the cables are set too tight.

Otherwise, Darren nailed it.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X