X

i need help installing '05 kat integrated tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help installing '05 kat integrated tail light

i need assistance installing integrated tail lights on a 05 katana 600.im not sure where the sets of wires connect to.1 set has 1 solid black and 1 black and white wire,the other set has 1 yellow wire and 1 blue wire.what are these wires and what do i connect them to.its also a set of wires thats connected together at the end but i know they go to.help me with the other 2 sets.

It would really help to know what light you have. Didn't it come with wiring instructions?

Comment

the yellow and blue are for the turn signal lights... connect blue to one side & yellow to the other & the ground together.. the connects are black w/ wht goes to red, white w/ blk goes to white & brown goes to black...The only modification that you will need to do is run a new line to your plate light.. (that's what I had to do anyway)... Hope this helps.. good luck...

Comment

i have a smoked intergrated on my 06 the wires are solderd right into the board and going thre one of the blinker holes , whoever did it seemed to use the orginal wires tthat do unplug from the stock wiring , i can take pics if needed if posible to see it all
        sigpic

Comment

on mine,the solid black and the black w/white is connected directly to a bulb on the rectangular part of the light.also on my bike,each rear turn signal has 2 wires per turn signal.
          Last edited by 38114vet; 03-12-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

yes the 2 from the bike on each side... (turn signal) you connect the yellow to the right side of your bikes turn signal wire, then you take the blue wire & connect it to the left side turn signal wire and take the black wire fron the bike of each turn signal and connect those two together..

Comment

Originally posted by roe1880 View Post
              yes the 2 from the bike on each side... (turn signal) you connect the yellow to the right side of your bikes turn signal wire, then you take the blue wire & connect it to the left side turn signal wire and take the black wire fron the bike of each turn signal and connect those two together..
              The two black wires from the integrated tail light? Those should go to ground, not connected to each other. Ideally they will connect to the ground of the factory harness for the old turn signals.

Comment

the wires with the black covering and the white tip,i know where that goes.i dont know where the yellow and blue wires go.i also dont know where the solid black and black w/ white stripe go.the black and black w/white is connected directly to a light bulb which i believe is a license place light.
                Attached Files

Comment

Brake is the white w/black strip wire--- hook to red wire (from light)
                  running lights is brown wire--- hook to white (from light)
                  Ground is black w/white wire--- black to black w/white (from light)
                  left turn signal is black & black w/white---blue to black (turn signal, from light)
                  right turn signal is green & black w/white--- yellow to green (turn signal, from light)
                  the black wire with white line is the ground to the turn signals which get connected together

this is the set up that has worked with my bike and also another fellow member that had the same problem and we hooked up today and got his setup and working as well.. we both can't figure out how to connect the plate light to the system and I will most likely just run a button/switch direct from the battery that I can turn on & off whenever..
                  Last edited by roe1880; 03-12-2012, 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The plate light ties into the running light wire....that would be the brown wire.

Comment

what do i connect the yellow and blue wires to?the turn signals i currently have has 2 wires on both sides.each side has 1 solid black and 1 black w/ white.do i put the black and black w/white wires together and connect them to the yellow and do the same theing on the other side for the blue?

Comment

Originally posted by 38114vet View Post
                        what do i connect the yellow and blue wires to?the turn signals i currently have has 2 wires on both sides.each side has 1 solid black and 1 black w/ white.do i put the black and black w/white wires together and connect them to the yellow and do the same theing on the other side for the blue?
                        You might want to get someone who knows electricity flow to help you. If you tie both wires from the turn signals to one wire you will get nothing as you won't have a complete circuit. you have to have a complete circuit for it to work. so the yellow wire from the bike would go to one wire from the right turn signal light. the other wire from that light would go to the ground wire from the bikes harness. (black with white stripe). Then the blue wire would go to one wire from the left turn signal light. the other wire from that light can go to the same black w/ white that you hooked the other turn signal ground to. You now have two separate complete circuits sharing the same ground. (Actually all the lights share the same ground eventually, you may have multiple ground wires for convenience.

Comment

if I had somebody wit knowledge of this I won't b on here.where do I connect the ground wires to?I'm trying to get an understanding before I start cutting wires.

Comment

connect the ground (black w/white) together..

Comment

i connected the yellow wire to the solid black wire on the left signal and the blue wire to the solid black wire on the right signal.the lights come on but when i apply the brake,the light cut off instead of getting brighter also when i turn on the turn signal in either direction the whole light blinks.what could be the issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X