X

Fat rubber

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat rubber

im a fairly new member, just baught my first bike and started tinkering around wit it so bear with me lol. soo i have a stock 1992 katana gsx750 and i want to put some fat rubber on the tires. i was just wondering if anybody knows whats the largest tire a stock rim will take? orr will i have to change the rim all together and if thats the case do i need to change the swing arm?

Try doing a search its been discussed endlessly.

Welcome to KR

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

:repost about 1 million times. Welcome to KR, though!
      sigpic

Comment

You're best bet would be to get more experience riding before you starting messing with things so to speak. Basically get out there and just ride the bike and keep it stock.
        Of course that's just my opinion..
        Tony
        1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Ibtl
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

The short answer: you can fit a 160, maybe even a 170 on there, but it would not be safe due to the deformation of the rubber from putting it on that rim.. Not to mention it would not achieve the cool look you're going for, instead it would look somewhat like a mushroom.

If you want "fat rubber" on your pre 750, you'll need to mod the swingarm and get a new rim. If you want to drag knee on what you've got stick a 150 on there.

If you want more information on how/why/where/what use the search function. As it's been stated this topic has been covered probably a hundred or more times.
            Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Thanks alot guys

Comment

One of the more recent threads about the subject of tires and sizes...

If it has to do with tires & wheels, then you're in the right place.
                Best tire for a Katana? What's the tread life on a particular brand ? Size of a stock rim?
                Chains & Sprockets? These questions and so much more are addressed right here !

Click on the link in my signature for my build. Linked in that thread is a full step by step of what I did to put a larger rim/tire on mine.

Krey
                93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO View Post
                  Ibtl
                  Indeed !
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X