No announcement yet.
X

carb and jet question from a FNG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I did turn the A/F to 2.5, arsenic reminded me. from what you talked about some of the seals might be old, this bike has 54k miles on it, I would spray some starting fluid? I'll pick some up and give it a try and find the leak if there is one and recheck the fittings. thank you.
    1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

Originally posted by raidinmd View Post
      alright got everything together and i didn't wind up with too many extra parts =D, so now my question is this, where do they go? hahaha. i had to replace one of the lines because when I took it off the hose wouldn't come off and I had to cut it off. I did the visual sync so lets hope that went well too. also that hole i'm pointing at i don't know if anything goes there I don't have any parts for there.

The small silver part your holding in your hand is the needle jet. It's a necessary part that goes under the emulsion tube. The long needle sticks down into it. It regulates the amount of fuel that is drawn out around the needle as the needle is raised.

I can't see the washers well enough know for sure, but the two smaller ones look like they could be the partial adjustment washes for the eclip setting on the needles. The larger one I would guess goes on a fuel T.

As for the hanging idle, make sure you have the airbox on and everything fully attached when you spray to find an air leak. Also be sure to spray around the black plastic caps on the top of the carbs.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks Krey, arsenic helped with the missing parts. one of the washers was an extra we went over where it could have gone but i had already put washers where they needed. I picked up some starter fluid today and plan to check for leaks Sunday or Monday. weiil update as soon as I know.
        1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

looks like it was my airbox must not have seated fully, rpms spiked when i was spraying at the two inner boots. took it off cleaned the boots up since they were dirty and puttem back on and retested, no spikes. rode it for 60 miles through the mountains and she did well. seems like this operation was a success, Thank you everyone that helped, I learned a lot about carbs and jets here, hope I can be of help to anyone else. gonna sync it again to get it right now it still seemed off, likely the airbox snafu.
          1999 Suzuki Katana 750F

Comment

Working...
          X