X

Hybrid Raptor Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddy View Post
    I really don't see how oiling would be an issue, given the motor is in approximate the same position as it is from the factory...otherwise we would all be burning up engines running the highway...
    Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
    Lol how is a bike sitting straight up going to cause an oiling issue?

That makes 0 sense, at all.

Does your bike starve for oil any time you're on the highway?
    I believe the statement of "straight up" all the time is in reference to the bike not being at lean when taking corners with 4 wheels.

On 2 wheels, the g force and lean = oil being pushed to the center bottom of the oil pan and engine.

On 4 wheels with no lean, but the g force applied = oil being pushed to the side of the engine, not nessasarily into the oil pan or even the bottom. Thus... the oil pickup may end up pulling air instead of oil, and you have the "starvation" issue comment.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

First off........ blackbirds are known for oiling problems if thrashed so i guess the guy feels confident with four wheels & got throttle happy causing himself problems either that of blocked the rad as scotty says

Second thing........ If you actually look at the oiling system diagrams you will soon see that you really dont have a problem + trikes dont lean & trike conversions are common here with the only known effect in a very small number of cases is a slight raise in oil temp due to dragging the extra weight & gearing issues, easily solved with a better oil cooler, hel or goodridge for example
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

i was a little worried bout the same thing as i live on a long dirt road and i used to work in the agriculture business so i was always in wet fields, you will get use to it with a little practice ..i can take my katana and run about 60 across the dirt lol it only took one time of eating dirt to figure it out lol

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
          I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen glue...
          2002 750 Kat
          2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
          2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
          1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
          2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Thanks guys, that's what I was needing to know! Got Raptor frame, a-arms, spindles, hubs, shocks, brakes.. just saving for hub adapters and wheels now. The things one can do with a welder

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Check on custom fighters, theres a guy doing the front end up with a piaggio front end.
              Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Comment

Finally got it done... handles like a 4-wheeler. A lil squirrely at 50mph+, but a blast to ride in the snow! I'mma be posting some spare parts on ebay soon. I have the forks, the front axle, a blue powdercoated front wheel with the anodized valve stem, and tire included if a person wants it. I also have rebuilt and powdercoated front brake calipers, rotors, and a modified kick-stand. The stock kickstand was pretty crappy, so I welded a bigger foot onto it, and it helps stand it up on gravel or dirt alot better. Msg if interested in any of those items, and I'll send ya a link, or maybe we can work something out, aside from ebay.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Awesome...

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

congrats on the mod. Its not my thing but I appreciate the work that was put in
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by rhighfil82 View Post
                        ...handles like a 4-wheeler. A lil squirrely at 50mph+...
                        Might want to try changing up the tires/wheels. Go for a more car-like tire on the back and narrower, rounded motorcycle-style tires on the front. Right now you've got all kinds of traction in front and very little (by comparison) on the back.
                        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Haha thats nuts. Nice job tho, love it when ppl do something different!
                          1990 TURBO Kat 600 G15 hidden turbo 12psi
                          fender eliminator w/led integrated tail light
                          55w dual HID bixenon projector w/halo, blue lighting
                          R6 shock, Custom billet mirrors, oil temp/boost gauges
                          Post rim swap 170/120 tires, EBC pads/rotors, G&J lines

Comment

Congrats on sticking with it and getting it done. A fatter rear would definitely make the look better and maybe add some needed stability.

Comment

I agree with wild-bill. That's how the can-am spyder is and it's seems to work well for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X