Hybrid Raptor Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid Raptor Kat

Hi All,
    After a few times of my wheels sliding out from under me on gravel roads, and being totally nervous in heavy rain storms , I've come up with an interesting mod/project. I ain't giving up my kat for sure.. So, I've decided to look at chopping up a Raptor 660 chassis, and welding the front end onto my frame, replacing the front wheel, with two car wheels (hub adapter).

There's just one dilemma I need to be able to solve before I start buying parts. The oiling system.

Supposedly, on many motorcycles, if you do a conversion like this, they have oiling problems, because the bike is flat/level most of the time. One fella solved the problem by using drag racing baffles in his pan.

...but such a part is hard to find for a Kat it seems. Got an 04 750F, and the closest thing I could find that might fit with little modification to my knowledge is-
    今までの生活を維持する為に副収入が本格的に必要だと。これも真剣に考えだした人は多いはずです。失敗せずに安定した副収入があったのなら、最高だとは思いませんか?自分が先乗り投資法を始めてから変わったことがありました。少なくとも自分にとっては良い変化だと思います。その変化を先にお話していこうかと思います。

Do y'all got any tips, or links to products/info, or better ideas on solving the oil problem? ..or will it even be an issue?
    Last edited by rhighfil82; 10-31-2012, 11:47 PM.

As far as the nervous thing you will learn to ride well enough for those conditions ( me and my wife own a farm and i ride my kat around on wet fields and I figured it out )

But on to your project. I think its a cool idea. I love the Can-Am Spyders. If you can get the camber system right and lean angles figured out. You would have a hell of an idea and ride on your hands. Keep Me posted at-least im Interested in the idea.

Comment

I live in a rural area too.. and ride when most everyone around here drives their car..

It is a good idea, and rare.. but not original.. another guy tired of road rash, wanted a street legal quad, so he turned his Blackbird into one with a cannondale frame.. Which seems to be extremely pricey..

I can fabricate, and found everything I need for the conversion with a fully adjustable suspension.. Even getting chromoly +3 long travel a-arms, tie rods, and stage 1 shocks, looks to be about $1500 or less to get it done.. plus wheels and tires.

Just not really knowledgeable about the oiling system (but I know some people on here are). The only other thing I'm somewhat worried about is fabricating an adapter to mate a steering stem to my lower steering yoke. I'll be sure to take pics during the process of course.. in the meantime, let the training wheel jokes begin. lol

Comment

just buy this http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcd/3366026539.html and ride it backwards!

Comment

LOL! Thanks g-rip.. that actually may help, if the guy ever texts back.. or maybe he has an oil issue and is selling it for that reason.. It would be easier and cheaper to do the rear wheels instead.

I'm wondering if it'll even be an issue though.. I don't see why it would be.. but wanna make sure.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Comment

I really don't see how oiling would be an issue, given the motor is in approximate the same position as it is from the factory...otherwise we would all be burning up engines running the highway...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
              You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Lol how is a bike sitting straight up going to cause an oiling issue?

That makes 0 sense, at all.

Does your bike starve for oil any time you're on the highway?
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I don't know.. I don't know why it would be a problem on the dragstrip either.. but the guy who did the blackbird conversion said it did cause problems for him. Just wanna make sure.. Thanks for y'alls input!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

dragstrip issues are due to the g-forces produced at a 13000RPM launch...the blackbird deal....well, no clue

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen glue...

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
                        I picked the wrong day to quit sniffen glue...

Comment

I wanna do this to mine:

But I think this is more up your alley:
                          "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                          Chris
                          graphic designer | drummer
                          2002 Katana 600
                          Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
                            the blackbird deal....well, no clue
                            I guarantee the moron blocked off the oil cooler and then wondered why the head warped or cracked.
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

And they live among us.....
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X