GP Style Exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP Style Exhaust

Anyone running an exhaust like this?

If anyone is, how loud is it? I've got a 2002 Kat 750 with a stage 1 kit and a Yoshimura exhaust at the moment and I like it because it's loud when I get on it but quiets down when I'm just crawling through towns. I like this type of exhaust because it's cleaner than having a big ole can hanging off the right side of the bike. If it's unbearable loud, I'd just pass and keep with the Yoshi exhaust that I currently have.

M4 gp, GYTR, jardine gp1

All gp style exhausts that are NOT just an overpriced piece of slash cut tubing.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
      M4 gp, GYTR, jardine gp1

All gp style exhausts that are NOT just an overpriced piece of slash cut tubing.
      I understand that... I actually did look into Jaradine and M4 GP as well they all the ones you listed still have cans on the right hand side of the bike and none claim to fit my bike (I know they can be made to fit). I realize the 'pipe' I referenced isn't exactly custom fit either but it at least accomplishes the look I want.

Comment

If you want a gp style exhaust, get a REAL gp exhaust like the ones i listed and make it fit. That ebay pipe is literally a 2.5" steel tube with a bend in it. Horrendously ear spllittingly loud, sounds like crap, and makes you look pretty silly.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Sorry for the brutal honesty. Wouldn't the first step in running a GP style exhaust be to get a GP style bike?

Comment

Honestly just go to advance and get one of them i dont see were theres a diffrence honestly

Comment

I've got one of those on my bike. I love it personally. It's not ear splitting loud and it gives the bass tones of the exhaust a really nice sound. If you want to try it out go for it. Don't let anyone tell you what to put on your bike that you paid good money for. The information on this site alone is well worth coming here first, but the smart *** comments are getting out of hand recently from my SHORT time here.

I think it makes the right side of the bike look cleaner and more streamlined. I only had the stock exhaust before this one and it was too big and not loud enough for my taste. One thing it is though, loud all the time. When you crank on it it's not unbearably loud but if you're crawling thru a neighborhood at 1am, you're gonna make some noise even in 1st and 2nd gear. For the money and the short amount of time it's gonna cost ya, get one and try it. If you don't like it, craigslist it.
              Last edited by thunderfoot1978; 07-22-2012, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                Sorry for the brutal honesty. Wouldn't the first step in running a GP style exhaust be to get a GP style bike?
                That's not brutal honesty, that's just a ridiculous comment on a forum where some people heavily modify their bikes... Why don't the guys who buy R6 shocks for the rear and new springs for the front just buy a gixxer, or the guy who did extensive work to shoehorn in a Ducati 848 tail just buy an 848? I'm going for a particular look with the bike I have and had a simple question about the functionality of an exhaust tip. I'm not trying to build a GP bike from a Katana, just clean up the bike a bit.

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                If you want a gp style exhaust, get a REAL gp exhaust like the ones i listed and make it fit. That ebay pipe is literally a 2.5" steel tube with a bend in it. Horrendously ear spllittingly loud, sounds like crap, and makes you look pretty silly.
                Originally posted by thunderfoot1978 View Post
                I've got one of those on my bike. I love it personally. It's not ear splitting loud and it gives the bass tones of the exhaust a really nice sound. If you want to try it out go for it. Don't let anyone tell you what to put on your bike that you paid good money for. The information on this site alone is well worth coming here first, but the smart *** comments are getting out of hand recently from my SHORT time here.

I think it makes the right side of the bike look cleaner and more streamlined. I only had the stock exhaust before this one and it was too big and not loud enough for my taste. One thing it is though, loud all the time. When you crank on it it's not unbearably loud but if you're crawling thru a neighborhood at 1am, you're gonna make some noise even in 1st and 2nd gear. For the money and the short amount of time it's gonna cost ya, get one and try it. If you don't like it, craigslist it.
                Thank you guys for your input, that's what I was looking for. I might give it a shot, for $50 I can write it off as an experiment if I don't like it.
                Last edited by Pugga; 07-22-2012, 08:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

$60- 70 dollors is alot to chuck at an experiment. Especially when you can make the thing from parts at auto zone for about $15. But just like it has been said, It sounds like crap and is too loud.

Since you already have a Yosh can, why dont you chop it down? It will give you the look your after and still have a nice sound to it.

Comment

I mean i wasnt gettin smart if yu was talkin about me,,,,they do make the bike look good but i mean why pay 50 for one when in all honesty yu can get something similar at walmart or auto zone,,,but dif. People like def. Things its yur bike bro if yu wanna get it hell get it but iv herd the vodoo ones are better? Not sure how true it is hell if i could find a cheap yoshi or even a fmf id throw it on my bike and jet it but id rather have the can lookin deal but thunder yu are right there is alot of smart comments on here when people are askin a simple question i mean when people are confused on something they are going to come to people who have delt with the bikes,,,,not for smart *** comments but for input/knowledge i personally love this site tho

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
                      $60- 70 dollors is alot to chuck at an experiment. Especially when you can make the thing from parts at auto zone for about $15. But just like it has been said, It sounds like crap and is too loud.

Since you already have a Yosh can, why dont you chop it down? It will give you the look your after and still have a nice sound to it.
                      Good idea about cutting down the Yosh can, I might have to consider that.

Originally posted by zukilover View Post
                      I mean i wasnt gettin smart if yu was talkin about me,,,,they do make the bike look good but i mean why pay 50 for one when in all honesty yu can get something similar at walmart or auto zone,,,but dif. People like def. Things its yur bike bro if yu wanna get it hell get it but iv herd the vodoo ones are better? Not sure how true it is hell if i could find a cheap yoshi or even a fmf id throw it on my bike and jet it but id rather have the can lookin deal but thunder yu are right there is alot of smart comments on here when people are askin a simple question i mean when people are confused on something they are going to come to people who have delt with the bikes,,,,not for smart *** comments but for input/knowledge i personally love this site tho
                      I didn't think your comment was 'smart', but some others were... The $50 tip is supposedly baffled where as a tip you get from autozone wouldn't be. I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make, or if it's actually worth the extra money. $50 is kind of a lot to throw away on an experiment but I've spent more on dumber things when modifying my truck or bike.

Comment

If your any good with a welder you can make your own baffle for the one from autozone, take a piece of pipe about 3/4 the diameter cap one end drill a bunch of holes and weld it in, but a pipe that short is gonna be crazy loud no matter what you do, this is more of a how much is your time worth thing though as compared to just buying a good one, also i cant afford an 848 haha
                        Last edited by blitz2190; 07-22-2012, 10:27 AM.
                        never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
                        Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
                        confused katana build

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                          That's not brutal honesty, that's just a ridiculous comment on a forum where some people heavily modify their bikes... Why don't the guys who buy R6 shocks for the rear and new springs for the front just buy a gixxer, or the guy who did extensive work to shoehorn in a Ducati 848 tail just buy an 848? I'm going for a particular look with the bike I have and had a simple question about the functionality of an exhaust tip. I'm not trying to build a GP bike from a Katana, just clean up the bike a bit.
                          Because an R6 shock makes your Katana handle better. What does a cut of pipe from VatoZone do exactly? Speaking of people that modify a Katana, click the DREAM Katana link in my signature. You know what that bike doesn't have? I'll let you guess. I understand what you're going for, good luck. Is a cheap eBay cut off pipe gonna sound good? Uuuummmm I don't think so. If you want a GP style exhaust, you're gonna have to spend a little money to actually get one that sounds good.
                          Last edited by arsenic; 07-22-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                            Because an R6 shock makes your Katana handle better. What does a cut of pipe from VatoZone do exactly? Speaking of people that modify a Katana, click the DREAM Katana link in my signature. You know what that bike doesn't have? I'll let you guess.
                            You're missing the point... Based on your first response, if you want a better handling bike, you should have purchased a better handling bike.

My original question was exactly that, what would the tip I posted a link to do for the Katana. I was looking at it from a purely aesthetic point of view but wanted opinions on noise level and performance and I'm sorry but your response was unproductive. Suggesting that I buy a GP bike just because I like the way the tail pipe looks, seriously? People do lots of modifications for the sole reason of obtaining a certain look, I don't see how this is any different.

Comment

And if you think I'm just raining on your GP parade...

$13 at autozone, sounded like ****.

If you like the look, you can also take your muffler, cut it down to size, and straight mount it at the collector...
                              Last edited by scottynoface; 07-22-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X