X

2001 Katana 600 exhaust replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Katana 600 exhaust replacement

Hey I have a 2001 Katana 600. I would like to put a slip on exhaust onto my bike, but I wanted to know what it would take to change the stock exhaust with a slip on. I was looking at the Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. M-2 Black Series Slip-On Exhaust
    all advice is welcomed. http://katriders.com/vb/images/smilies/010.gif

You take the stock can off and replace it with the new can and mid-pipe. Don't forget to replace the gasket where the header meets the mid-pipe.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

http://katriders.com/vb/images/smilies/BaconDance.gif

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
      You take the stock can off and replace it with the new can and mid-pipe. Don't forget to replace the gasket where the header meets the mid-pipe.
      I just went through your post... is there a guide to assist me with this process? i have never done this before. this is my first bike and i love my Katana

Comment

Originally posted by sscastleberry View Post
        I just went through your post... is there a guide to assist me with this process? i have never done this before. this is my first bike and i love my Katana
        Unbolt the two bolts holding it to the frame, loosen the clamp at the end of the header and pull it out. Put the new gasket on the new pipe, slide it back in then reverse the steps. It's easy and will take you less than 30mins.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderfoot1978 View Post
          Unbolt the two bolts holding it to the frame, loosen the clamp at the end of the header and pull it out. Put the new gasket on the new pipe, slide it back in then reverse the steps. It's easy and will take you less than 30mins.
          Do you have to remove the belly pan, as well? I cant remember from when I swapped mine back to OEM. I think it took all of 5 min to swap. The hardest part is getting the new mid pipe all the way in to the header. Had to kind of twist and push on mine a bit to get it seated properly.

Comment

01 katana 600 exhaust

Just to add to the exhaust question here I have an 01 katana 600 and I already have a after market muffler and mid pipe but wanted to complete the exhaust with a bigger header will the header from a 750 katana work on the 600 and will it give the bike more power if not does any company make an aftermarket header for the 01katana 600s Cuz if so I can't find one thanks for the help

Comment

Use a rubber mallet (hammer) to gently tap the exhaust into the the header. The gasket was kind of stuck on the stock midpipe. DO NOT USE WD-40 TO TRY TO GET IT OFF, IT WILL DESTROY THE GASKET. Just twist at it until it comes off. There are instructions that come with the two brothers exhaust, I just recently did mine this summer and it was easy. Hardest part was me ruining the gasket with wd-40, so don't do that!
              - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Here are the instructions on how to install the Two brothers VALE slip on. Hope the link works. Good luck, I love how mine sounds!

Comment

Working...
                X