Taller centerstand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taller centerstand?

Happy belated new year everybody!

I raised my rear 2" and now the rear tire stays on the ground when I put down the centerstand. Does anybody know if there are taller centerstands out there (i.e. bandit, vstroms, etc) and if they would even fit? Thanks for the help

Chris
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Extend them yourself?
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I was considering that but wanted to know if there was an oem option since I don't have easy access to the tools n materials needed to do it myself

Comment

Not that I know of, but honestly I don't mess with center stands.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

2x12 block of wood
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
            2x12 block of wood
            Lol
            1997 KAT 600 PROJECT

Comment

Actually, way ahead of you. Except i'm using a 2x4. But when you need to work on the chain away from home and you don't bring the wood (bring on the comments), you're kinda s.o.l.

Comment

Originally posted by kat_pilot750 View Post
                ...and you don't bring the wood (bring on the comments)
                Hehehe he said wood, giggity... hehehe
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Too obvious!
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Something to consider... Drill a hole in the bottom of each side of the kick stand. Thread the holes or use an insert welded in. Use 2 bolts with a 1" square plate welded to the head to now make your centerstand adjustable height. You would only be limited by the length of the bolt at that point.

Minor welding needed for the job, but I'm sure if you look you can find a local shop or even back yard welder who would hook you up for a nominal fee. Most service stations for example that do exhuast work can do a simple weld job.

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                      Something to consider... Drill a hole in the bottom of each side of the kick stand. Thread the holes or use an insert welded in. Use 2 bolts with a 1" square plate welded to the head to now make your centerstand adjustable height. You would only be limited by the length of the bolt at that point.

Minor welding needed for the job, but I'm sure if you look you can find a local shop or even back yard welder who would hook you up for a nominal fee. Most service stations for example that do exhuast work can do a simple weld job.

Krey
                      that would have to be one strong bolt would it not?? theres alot of diaganal pressure put on it
                      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Originally posted by boomer_95 View Post
                        that would have to be one strong bolt would it not?? theres alot of diaganal pressure put on it

Qty of 2, 1/2" diam. hardened bolts should have no issue being used for this purpose. That aside...

If one is going to do a mod like this, I would expect for considerations like bolt size, support, strucural integrity of the design be considered and adjusted for to make it work properly as part of the process. I was pointing you in a direction to consider, not laying out the detailed instructions.

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                        X