X

What was Suzuki thinking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post

And it's worth exactly what you pay for it......
    But should work long enough to cure his headache.
    sigpic

Admin Removed Sig Due to Words. Do not Go Around the Swear Filter. Thank you KR MGMT

Haha.....

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
      Screw extractors? Slot the stud and use an impact screwdriver? Heat it up a little with a torch?

This is what happens when somebody doesn't use anti-seize.
      +1...replaced my front discs on my Sienna...one side came off easy as pie...the other without anti-seize took a sledge hammer...mmmother.
      2004 GSX750F

Comment

I have had great success welding a nut to a stripped bolt. Gives something to torque on. Have you tried hitting the head of the bolt dead on? Sometimes that will send a shock down the bolt and release any hold rust can have on it. It will also allow penetrating lube to get in and help.

I would exhaust every method you can before cutting the head. Once you do that your options get very limited. Havnt had any luck with easy outs myself.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaBrett View Post
          But should work long enough to cure his headache.
          ... or create an even bigger head ache when they snap off and leave you with something you then can't even drill out.

You can try running to get the head warm then spray freeze onto the bolts - sometimes cracks them free too.
          Last edited by TRPUT; 10-14-2011, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
            Screw extractors? Slot the stud and use an impact screwdriver? Heat it up a little with a torch?

This is what happens when somebody doesn't use anti-seize.
            Impact driver and slot was exactly what I was thinking. I loves me impact driver!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

my rule for screw extractor is only for bolts broken by over torqueing. drill out bolts broken off during removal. otherwise you end up breaking easyout. drill out enough to be able to pry thin pieces out with screwdriver.
              never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I got the damn thing off using a Irwin 394100 bolt remover. Hammered it on and twisted it right off!

Part: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Industrial-394100-Power-Grip-Extractor/dp/B000EF1EHY"]Amazon.com: Irwin Industrial Tools 394100 Power-Grip Screw and Bolt Extractor Set, 7-Piece: Home Improvement[/ame]
                -------

What STOP sign?

Why are motorcycles better than women?
                Because you can't get diseases from motorcycles you don't know. "Not Sexist"

Comment

Nice going! :

Now if I ever snap the head off of a bolt, I know what I'll try after the normal stuff.
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hmmm....I think I see something to add to my Christmas list.

Comment

Working...
                    X