X

Slip-on or not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip-on or not

I know this has been beat to death, but I need some opinions from people with not stock exhaust. I am thinking of replacing my stock exhaust: I'm looking at Yoshi, Two Brothers, and D&D. I know I can re-jett or adjust the FA 2.5 clicks or turns??? I want a louder sound and performance (as little as it may be). What would you all recommend, what your experience is. Side note does this change require a change to higher octane.
    2014 Ducati Monster 1200
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Get a Stage 1 jet kit from Factory Pro and a can. No, this does not require higher octane. Only higher compression, ignition advancement, or lots of engine modes require higher octane.

Comment

Originally posted by astevens54 View Post
      I know this has been beat to death, but I need some opinions from people with not stock exhaust. I am thinking of replacing my stock exhaust: I'm looking at Yoshi, Two Brothers, and D&D. I know I can re-jett or adjust the FA 2.5 clicks or turns??? I want a louder sound and performance (as little as it may be). What would you all recommend, what your experience is. Side note does this change require a change to higher octane.
      Check out vids on YT and hear what appeals to you. I decided on a D&D for the Yami, and Ididn't have to re-jet......and she purrs on regular 87 octane.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Check out vids on YT and hear what appeals to you. I decided on a D&D for the Yami, and Ididn't have to re-jet......and she purrs on regular 87 octane.
        Thanks, I've been on YT a lot. I have a friend that had a D&D on his kat and love it. What kind of adjustments did you make?
        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

What can to use is all personal preference, me I went with Scorpion, Great sound and no repacking required.
          There is no need to rejet with just a slip on. Would I recommend it? Yes. But it's only needed with a full exhaust.
          1992- project katfighter
          2005- GSXR750
          2001- TL1000R
          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
          www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
          KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

None. All I found if if I downshifted to second over 3G it might bark a bit..... so you learn to adjust around town..... out of town, who cares?
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

On the other hand, it needs to be said that more performance will come out of a jet kit than will come out of a slip on. That's all I have to add.

Comment

You buy a slip on for sound, that's it.

That said, I like the 2bros on a katana.
                90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                Originally posted by soulless kaos
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I'll get a good audio clip of my Delkovic Tri Oval this weekend if I can. Sounds wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                    On the other hand, it needs to be said that more performance will come out of a jet kit than will come out of a slip on. That's all I have to add.
                    I've said that couple hundred times. Doesn't seem make sense to people when I say the #1 performance upgrade you can do to your kat short of really spending money is a jetkit. So I quit telling people that.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                      I've said that couple hundred times. Doesn't seem make sense to people when I say the #1 performance upgrade you can do to your kat short of really spending money is a jetkit. So I quit telling people that.
                      Well, I'm the FNG so I'll take over for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                        Well, I'm the FNG so I'll take over for ya.

Consider that torch passed...

Krey
                        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Appreciate it redkat.
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Working...