• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet kit and Pod filters on pre 750

Ok guys ..........I've now got my parts

a pair of filters and a stage 3 factory pro kit [ with out springs ]

Lets not let this turn into a " it will not work " thread

I think with my UK carbs with bigger pilot jets and 95 octane fuel as a standard .............we'll see what happens

I did get a shock to see how bad the stock needles have worn so badly

if you look at the part under the circlip
    Toys.........
    1985 LT250 - modified
    1991 GSX750F - Doner for Bobber project
    2004 GSXR 1000 - stockish
    2000 Turbo Busa - very modified - now sold

No one ever said it wouldn't work. Just that it would take way too much time and it's not worth the effort.

Comment

needles look pretty rough for sure...keep us posted on your progress

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." -- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut / Yogi Berra

"after the nuclear apocalypse, there will be 6ft tall cockroaches eating twinkies and driving dodge darts, and riding katanas" -- JayBell

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
          keep us posted on your progress
          Sure , thats the plan

I've just finished fitting everything and making basic static adjustments.......

The install notes said to check /set float height at 15mm [ stock ish ], I,ve had mine set to 14 for a few weeks, its the setting that made it run best, so now its back to 15mm..........and I've set the mixture to 2.5 turns out to start with as per install notes.

Also, to start with I've put in the smaller of the 2 jet sizes that came with the kit ........stock on mine was 105 , 122.5 now fitted

I'll see whats what in the morning, its dark and getting late
          Toys.........
          1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

One of the major issues you face with pods is the lack of any kind of velocity stack to help with the air flow.

You will notice the rubber carb boots that attatch to the airbox are shaped this way.

I would suggest you consider getting/making some stacks you can insert the trumpet part into the pods, and then mount those to the carbs. It would probably greatly help in your tuning process.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Your needles are worn like that because your slide guides are worn and letting the slides bang around too much. Chances are that your emulsion tubes are worn into an oval as well. It's going to make it pretty difficult to get the midrange right if they are puking fuel from oval emulsion tubes the whole time.

Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Velocity stacks are bout the only reasong I got my pods running as well as I do.
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Morning all

I'm hearing you on the Velocity stacks...........the logic is there

...........but worn out carbs.............could do without that

Would that be the white plastic part the slide goes up and down in thats most likely worn ...........slide guild ?

We'll see what happens in a few hours time , I don't want to set about the Velocity stack route to much at this stage due to not knowing how much room I have to play with on the project

OK, Just read the link all the way through loud...........all makes sence, thanks
                  Last edited by ofb; 09-10-2011, 02:14 AM. Reason: adding text
                  Toys.........
                  1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

I custom made my stacks to the maximum length my set up allowed.
                    1992- project katfighter
                    2005- GSXR750
                    2001- TL1000R
                    www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                      Velocity stacks are bout the only reasong I got my pods running as well as I do.

How did you get a bell mouthed velocity stack in / linked to the pod ?

to do it right it would need to look something like this

forgive the drawing

Toys.........
                      1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

Mine are homemade. No bell mouth, and I used smaller cheap pods that have a bit less air flow then K&N. Tomorrow sometime if you'd like I can post a more close up pic of my set up.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                          Mine are homemade. No bell mouth
                          ok , so they worked / help you ..........but no true bell mouth VS

a straight VS is easy to machine / fab up

........and Yes please , a photo if you have time.
                          Toys.........
                          1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

It would actually be simple to insert the bell if you do it before mounting them to the carbs.

The holes on the filters are rubber. They will flex and such a bit. If you turn the velocity stack bell so that your inserting the curve edge, and pinch together the filter a tad, it should let you insert it. Think like this... you have a large round table... how do you get it through your front door?

Krey
                            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Well , I've had it running in the garage [ up to tempeture ] and it idles sweet , returns to idle spot on after a hand full...........and revs well

I know this is all in neutral.............but its a start

.........and Wow..............what an induction noise
                              Toys.........
                              1985 LT250 - modified

Comment

Working...
                              X