X

how tunable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how tunable?

Hi All, i'm going to have a bit of spare cash soon so i plan to spend it on the kat, i've already decided the suspension and the brakes will get some attention.

what i want to know is does a k3 750 respond well to simple tuning? nothing more really than a new system and then getting set up to suit, i highly doubt i'll bother with putting a K&N in.

I don't suggest K&N or any other pod type filter, unless you enjoy headaches. I would say a jet kit and slip-on (if you want a better sound, slip on wont do anything for performance). And I dont know what the timing is on UK spec bikes.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Lot of money for small gains, worry about the suspension and brakes waaay before the engine.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
        Lot of money for small gains, worry about the suspension and brakes waaay before the engine.
        +1
        Engine performance wise... Most noticable difference will be the jetkit.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

cheers guys, i've already planned for new springs up front and a new hagon rear shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon UK View Post
            cheers guys, i've already planned for new springs up front and a new hagon rear shock.
            Maybe skip the engine mods and add in some cartridge emulators for the front end? That Hagon shock will probably way outclass a set of stock forks with better springs.

If you must chase the acceleration mods: I think that regearing gives the best performancerice ratio, but you pay for it on the highway. Exhausts sound nice, but only a full system will give you any real increase in power, and then you'll have to do some jetting as well. The 98+ 750's are especially weak in the cam department, so they might give you a good boost. You'd likely end up having to fiddle with the jetting for a set of big cams as well.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
            X